Research assistant / technician
Avient Corporation (formerly PolyOne Corporation), with 2019 revenues of $2.9 billion, provides specialized and sustainable material solutions that transform customer challenges into opportunities, bringing new products to life for a better world. Examples include:
- Barrier technologies that preserve the shelf-life and quality of food, beverages, medicine and other perishable goods through high-performance materials that require less plastic
- Light-weighting solutions that replace heavier traditional materials like metal, glass and wood, which can improve fuel efficiency in all modes of transportation
- Breakthrough technologies that minimize wastewater and improve the recyclability of materials and packaging across a spectrum of end uses
Avient employs approximately 9,100 associates and is certified ACC Responsible Care® and a founding member of the Alliance to End Plastic Waste. For more information, visit www.avient.com
At Avient, we strive for a culture of trust and engagement. Our associates are leading company initiatives such as Lead by Women, HYPE and Pride to advance diversity in professional and personal development. We also provide our associates with robust development programs such as Avient Academy, Lean Six Sigma, and various leadership workshops to allow for career growth in a variety of ways. With workplace flexibility, health and wellness programs, casual dress days, and paid time off for community service, we are committed to building upon our positive momentum.
At Avient, we believe diversity of ideas and backgrounds gives us the creativity to be successful in a rapidly changing world. In support of this, we stress equality of opportunity for all qualified individuals in accordance with applicable laws. Decisions on hiring, promotion, development, compensation or advancement are based solely on a person’s qualifications, abilities, experience and performance.
- Collect ingredients from allocation for the orders
- Put dry ingredients into tumbler to semi-mix color, and then transfer material to manualized mixer so material is completely dispersed together. Or mix liquid color for prescribed time until the batch is completely mixed
- Provide a sample and the batch ticket to quality control
- Make any corrections and remix if deemed so by quality control
- For dry color:
- Apply to bags and packing boxes
- Put product in bags to required weight, remove air from bags and seal bags with heat sealer
- Package all bags in labeled zippered bags, pack them into shipping boxes and secure them
- Place on pallet for shipping
- For liquid color:
- Apply to bottles and packing boxes
- Put product in bottles to required weight
- Put caps on bottles ensuring they are tight and secure
- Apply QC sticker over cap to ensure warranty protection
- Package all bottles in boxes and secure them
- Place on pallet for shipping.
- Ensure all paperwork is complete before moving order to shipping
- Move completed orders to the assigned areas for shipping
- Maintain a safe and clean workspace
- Must adhere to all safety policies and wear personal protective equipment
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum High School or GED
- Adherence to health and safety regulations
- Flexibility in shifts is a plus
- Bilingual preferred, but not required
- Each position at Avient focuses on eight Core Competencies as a Leader of Self. Additionally, management positions focus on Leadership Competencies as a Leader of Others and/or a Leader of the Business. These competencies are designed to drive behavior that will ultimately help our associates excel at their current roles, while supporting individual and career development.
- Dust, fumes and/or airborne particles
- Moving mechanical parts and vibration
The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
Be aware that in this position you will be working with powdered colorants and more times than not, you will be grimy and dirty at the end of the day.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to see, talk and hear.
- This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping and crouching all day.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 25 pounds
- Be able to lift, push or pull up to 200 lbs. with the aid of equipment
- Able to walk, see, and hear sufficiently to perform assigned tasks
- Be able to communicate orally and in writing
- The employee must be able to read at a level of comprehension sufficient to meet job requirements
Avient Corporation is a drug free workplace. Avient is an equal opportunity employer. We maintain a policy of non-discrimination in providing equal employment to all qualified employees and candidates regardless of race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, protected veteran’s status, or other legally protected classification in accordance with applicable federal, state and local law.
Previous Job Searches
Research assistant / technician