Postdoc, phd candidate
(full-time, E 13 TV-L)
Reference number 2020/047.
The University of Konstanz has been successful in the German Excellence Initiative and Excellence Strategy since 2007.
The Chair of International Economics (Prof. Almuth Scholl) at the University of Konstanz invites applications for a postdoctoral position in macroeconomics. The position is to be filled as of October 1, 2020 for three years.
In principle, this position can be divided into two part-time positions.
- Research in the field of quantitative macroeconomics
- Contribution to the research activities of the Department of Economics in particular to the research groups in Macroeconomics and Public Economics
- Successfully completed academic studies (master degree) with a doctorate in economics
- Excellent research potential
- International experience
- Strong background in quantitative dynamic macroeconomic models and computational methods
- Interest in fiscal policy or international macroeconomics is of advantage
- Excellent research conditions
- Good development opportunities
- Research support and career counseling
Please arrange your application documents into a single PDF file and enclose your CV, a letter of motivation, job market paper, transcripts of records, and the names of two potential referees for us to contact. Please submit your application electronically to our Online application portal. The deadline for application is: March 30, 2020, 12:00 pm CET.
For further information, please contact Almuth Scholl: email@example.com.
Persons with disabilities are explicitly encouraged to apply. They will be given preference if appropriately qualified (contact + 49 7531 88–4016).
The University of Konstanz is committed to ensuring an environment that provides equal opportunities and promotes diversity as well as a good balance between university and family life. As an equal opportunity employer, we strive to increase the number of women working in research and teaching. We also support working couples through our dual career programme (https://www.uni-konstanz.de/en/equalopportunities/family/dual-career/).