Job Posting: 12/Dec/2019
Closure Date: 02/Jan/2020, 10:59:00 PM
Job Type: Staff position
Primary Location: Nicaragua-Managua
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
The length of appointment for internal FAO candidates will be established in accordance with applicable policies pertaining to the extension of appointments
FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender and nationality
People with disabilities are protected from any type of discrimination during any stage of employment, including the recruitment phase
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
The main aim of the FAO country offices, which are headed by an FAO Representative, is to assist governments to develop policies, programs and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors, and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
The Programme Assistant performs a wide range of routine administrative and financial functions in support of the delivery of the organizational unit's programme and projects.
The Programme Assistant reports to one or more professional staff and receives guidance from a higher graded Programme Assistant. He/she acts independently in routine matters. Supervision received is focused on the quality of the work performed and provides for on-the-job learning.
The Programme Assistant interacts with a wide variety of colleagues within the work unit and with immediate clients within the Organization, providing routine administrative and financial services.
Impact Of Work
The incumbent's work impacts on the timely and efficient delivery of the immediate work unit's programme.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
Education: Secondary School Education
Experience: Three years of relevant experience in financial and/or administrative support work
Languages: Working knowledge (Level C) of Spanish, and limited knowledge (Level B) of English
IT Skills: Good knowledge of the MS Office applications, Internet and office technology equipment
FAO staff are expected to adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO,
Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency
• FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing)
• Please note that FAO will only consider academic credentials or degrees obtained from an educational institution recognized in the IAU/UNESCO list
• Candidates may apply from any geographic location
• Selected candidates need to reside or to relocate within commuting distance from the FAO office at their own expense. "Commuting distance" means the distance within which staff members can travel daily between their place of work and their residence
• No international benefits will be payable as selected candidates are recruited locally and paid in the local currency of the office location
• Other similar positions may be filled from this vacancy notice
• For additional information visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
A competitive compensation and benefits package is offered. For information on UN salaries, allowances and benefits, click on the following link:
HOW TO APPLY
• To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. Once completed, please apply and submit your application, with language certificates as attachments. Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications. External Applicants unable to provide the above-mentioned certificates will be evaluated through online assessments. FAO reserves the right to request candidates to undertake a language test in the future, as appropriate
• Incomplete applications will not be considered
• Only applications received through the recruitment portal will be considered
• If you need assistance please contact: Careers@fao.org
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT