Researcher / analyst
PBL Netherlands Environmental Assessment Agency is looking for a quantitative economist for the Department of Sustainable Development. You will contribute to the development of a computable general equilibrium (CGE) model that will be used to analyse the interplay between economic activity and environmental challenges.
PBL is the national institute for strategic policy analysis in the fields of environment, nature and spatial planning. We contribute to improving the quality of political and administrative decision-making by conducting outlook studies, analyses and evaluations in which an integrated approach is considered paramount. Policy relevance is the prime concern in all our studies. We conduct solicited and unsolicited research that is always independent and scientifically sound.
You will be part of a modelling team working on the development of a multi-regional global CGE model, modelling the interlinkages between the economy, natural resources and the environment. This model will be used to project the impacts of resource use and assess the impacts of policies that support the transitions to a circular and carbon neutral economy in 2050.
- You have a PhD in economics or a PhD in other quantitative fields combined with a background in economics.
- You have experience in developing and applying large-scale economic models, preferably CGE models.
- Knowledge of issues related to environmental and resource economics and experience in working in an interdisciplinary team is recommended.
- You are proficient with GAMS or other programming languages.
- Experience in the analysis of large datasets and specific knowledge of statistical packages will be positively evaluated.
- You have good skills in presenting and communicating your research findings in the form of presentations, policy studies and articles.
- You have excellent English language skills. Language skills in Dutch will be positively evaluated.