Sales & Marketing - Sales
Regular - Experienced Hire
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.4 billion in 2018, employs approximately 13,100 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 42 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com. Moody’s Analytics provides financial intelligence and analytical tools supporting our clients’ growth, efficiency and risk management objectives. The combination of our unparalleled expertise in risk, expansive information resources, and innovative application of technology, helps today’s business leaders confidently navigate an evolving marketplace.
Within the framework of enlarging our client base and increasing product penetration among our clients, you will be responsible for gaining new business. Moody’s Analytics sales force is organized to emphasize a team sales culture. Relationship managers may call upon product and solutions specialists to assist in presenting products, benefits, and solutions to prospective clients. As a relationship manager, you will be expected to find new prospective clients and manage sales cycles to closure. You are responsible for creating new business within a defined geographic territory. The RM’s primary constituency is banks, hedge funds, insurance companies, investment managers and corporate treasurers. RMs are responsible for growing new business with a strong focus on prospecting/placing new products/solutions within other groups and companies within their territory.
- Grow new relationships covering a defined territory and base of business
- Convey the Moody’s Analytics value proposition, and deliver on sales targets for new revenue through combination of:
- Prospecting for new clients
- Re-enforce value proposition to retain and grow client relationships
- Significant meeting activity ?
- Coordinating internally to retain quality resource required to facilitate the sales cycle
- Retaining & servicing existing clients
- Maintain high level of product knowledge
- Gain and maintain familiarity with client organization and processes to help direct them towards the appropriate Moody’s product set
- Manage sales cycles using coordination and communication skills to involve sales specialist where appropriate
- Provide current forecasts and pipeline information to management ?
- Introduce leads to other business units where appropriate
- Manage business growth across different lines of business to archive the maximum revenue from single account
- Experience working within or selling into capital markets
- Min of 7 year’s sales and/or relationship management experience, preferably within the financial services sector
- Proven track record of sales capability
- A credit or capital markets background would be preferred but not required
- Experience within the Japan market is a must
- Ability to identify opportunities to cross-sell Moody’s products
- Ability to sell on a needs/solutions approach
- Ability to close deals effectively
- Ability to work independently while also demonstrating excellent team-working skills
- High level of commitment ?
- Familiar with modern computer applications (MS Office, Internet) ?
- Excellent relationship building, inter-personal and organizational skills are a prerequisite
- Planning and organisational skills
- Fluent Japanese and proficiency in English (business level) and experience of working at MNCs is a plus
Moody’s is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law. Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody’s Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.