As one of the world's largest central banks, the Deutsche Bundesbank works in the public interest. Our business areas are monetary policy, banking supervision, financial stability, cash management and payment systems.
We are looking for
Research economists (m/f)
with and without professional experience
to join our Research Centre at the Central Office in Frankfurt am Main, Germany.
The Research Centre is the connecting link between academic expertise and the Bundesbank's policy work. To this end, its employees conduct research on a variety of topics with particular emphasis on the fields of monetary policy, financial stability and banking supervision and regulation.
What the job entails
You will be expected to conduct high-quality academic research that will be published in top-level international scientific journals and also contribute to policy design within the Bundesbank. By conducting research and participating in conferences, you will represent the Bundesbank publicly and promote an exchange of ideas with academics and external policy-makers.
What we have to offer
We offer attractive employment conditions and opportunities to conduct high-quality research. We also promote targeted training and a healthy work-life balance through a variety of measures.
What we are looking for
- Accredited Master's degree or equivalent qualification with above-average results
- PhD or PhD nearing completion in Economics, Finance or Econometrics (mandatory prerequisite)
- Publications in respected scientific journals
- Researchers working in the areas of Macroeconomics, Financial Economics, Applied Time Series Econometrics, Household Finance and Applied Microeconomics; however, outstanding candidates working in other areas of economics are also encouraged to apply
- Ability to work both independently and as part of an international team
- Solid proficiency in the English language; a working knowledge of German would be an advantage
Where candidates are equally qualified for the position, preference will be given to disabled applicants. Part-time work is generally possible. We are looking to increase the proportion of female staff at the Bundesbank and would therefore welcome applications from women with the appropriate qualifications. Should you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will be interviewing selected candidates at the EEA Job Market in Naples on 6-7 December 2018 (after the Econometric Society Winter Meetings) as well as at the annual meeting of the American Economic Association (AEA) in Atlanta 4-6 January 2019. Please email all supporting documents (cover letter stating whether you would prefer to be interviewed at the EEA in Naples or at the AEA in Atlanta, CV, a job market paper and at least two letters of recommendation) to email@example.com, quoting reference number 2018_0610_02.
For candidates who wish to be interviewed at the EEA job market in Naples the submission deadline is 28 October 2018.
For candidates who wish to be interviewed at the AEA job market in Atlanta the submission deadline is 25 November 2018.
For more information, visit our website at Research Centre.
Researcher / analyst
Frankfurt am Main , Germany