Researcher / analyst
About the company: IHSM is the leading provider of global market and economic information and insight. ENR, a business line within IHSM, delivers unrivaled information expertise and strategic insights to the global oil, gas, and power industry from concept to market. Our clients largely comprise of oil and gas operators, international/ national oil companies, gas and power utilities, financial investors, governments and other stakeholders. We offer clients a combination of long-term advisory, tailored consulting and membership services to meet their needs. We work with corporate and regional executives to develop sustainable strategies and to assess investments and divestments within those strategies.
About the role: The intern should have knowledge of Microsoft tools, such as Excel, Word & PowerPoint and few Data Science tools (such as Python, Tableau and SQL. The Analyst will be a key member of the IHS Energy, Oil Markets, Midstream & Downstream (OMD) team. The ideal candidate is a result-oriented professional with career ambitions to grow in this dynamic company and complex industry. During your internship, you will gain invaluable on the job experience whilst developing the skills to drive your career within the corporate world. You will partner with our industry specialists to deliver high impact work and grow your skill set through our interactive development sessions.
- Source and maintain data in internal repositories and models with very high accuracy and attention to detail for supporting short term and long term forecasts.
- Collaborate with energy professionals in global locations and contribute to research and various other work streams.
- Identify key trends in the data, create charts and populate other documents such as country profiles, market reports from data
- Maintain and create upload framework for data platform for all long-term and short term regional files for various statistics across the OMDI value chain.
- Perform data quality checks by identifying and flagging data discrepancies while working with other team members on resolution and correction
Capabilities (Education, knowledge and skills):
- Degree in Engineering or Statistics from a reputed college/University
- Strong analytical background with experience in data scrubbing, analysis and presentation.
- Reading and writing skills in international business English, good communication skills, and a natural bent for multi-tasking.
- Strong Office 365 application skills to include PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Teams. Advanced Excel skills, individual must be comfortable with creating and maintaining pivot tables, data visualizations, IF statements, V/H Lookups etc.
- Strong problem solving and logical reasoning skills - should be able to independently troubleshoot and question data which does not follow logic. Equally, they should be confident to query work to understand and streamline it further.
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.