The ifo Institute is one of the leading economic research institutes in Europe. It works on economically and politico-economically relevant issues at the highest scientific level and with an international reputation and develops research-based recommendations for action for politics, business and society. Through its five fields of activity - research, promotion of young researchers, policy advice, participation in public debates and information / services - it contributes to maintaining and increasing sustainable economic prosperity and social participation under constantly changing conditions.
Further information on the ifo Institute and its career can be found at https://www.ifo.de/ueber-uns/ifo-Karriere
For the ifo Centre for Energy, Climate and Resources, we are looking for a scientific employee (f/m/d) with a completed or at least well-advanced doctorate who is doing research in the field of energy economics.
How can economic development be shaped sustainably? The ifo Centre for Energy, Climate and Resources is investigating this question. In particular, it researches the effectiveness of climate protection measures worldwide and regionally, including the change from fossil energy systems to alternative energy sources. It also deals with the political, economic and social challenges arising from the use of natural resources.
- Research in the field of energy economics, in particular on the transformation and modelling of energy systems and technological progress in the energy sector
- Publication of research results in internationally recognized peer-reviewed journals and lectures at international conferences
- Conception, acquisition, management and processing of third-party funded projects
- Transfer of the work results to the general public with a focus on the publication of contributions to the economic and energy policy debate.
- Graduated with very good results in the field of economics with a focus on economics, energy economics, energy engineering, mathematics or a related field.
- Advanced or completed doctorate in one of the above or related subject areas
- Knowledge and experience in the core area of research proven through articles in internationally recognized peer-reviewed journals or through working papers suitable for publication
- In-depth knowledge of energy economics
- Experience in dealing with numerical methods of energy system modelling, in particular the calibration of numerical models
- Excellent spoken and written English language skills
- Knowledge of the German language is an advantage
- Interesting and challenging work in one of the leading economic research institutes in Europe
- Policy-oriented economic research in a top-class research team at one of the leading think tanks in Europe
- Opportunity for intensive international experience and network building
- Participation in the Junior Faculty Program of the Ludwig Maximilian University Munich (LMU)
- Possibility to teach at the Faculty of Economics of the LMU
- Employment contract initially for a fixed term of three years, option of extension if necessary
- Remuneration and social benefits are governed by the Collective Agreement for the Civil Service of the Länder (TV-L).
The ifo Institute promotes professional equality regardless of ethnic origin, gender, religion or belief,
disability, age or sexual identity. It aims to increase the proportion of women in research and therefore expressly encourages women to apply.
Please send your application with the reference number 2019-022 EKR-WM by 24. November 2019 preferably by e-mail to ifo Institut – Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung an der Universität München e. V., Poschingerstraße 5, 81679 Munich
Please summarize your letter of motivation, curriculum vitae and certificates in a pdf-file.
If you have any questions regarding your application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For information on the application process, please contact Ms. Jessica Bayer at email@example.com; for technical information, please contact Dr. Mathias Mier (firstname.lastname@example.org; 089/9224-1365).