Practitioner / consultant
The Applied Statistical Data Sciences group sits within the Economic Consulting segment of FTI Consulting (“FTI”). FTI provides law firms, corporations, and government agencies with sophisticated and comprehensible analyses of complex economic and statistical issues to assist them in understanding the challenges and opportunities they face. We are involved in a wide range of engagements related to economics, finance, and accounting. We provide critical insight and expert testimony in legal and regulatory proceedings. Specifically, the Applied Statistical Data Sciences group has expertise in statistical sampling and sample design, healthcare litigation consulting, data analytics, data visualization, neural network analysis, and Amazon Redshift cloud computing.
Our team is composed of professionals with a myriad of technical skills and backgrounds. We are statisticians, computer scientists, econometricians, and data scientists who are able to provide a variety of perspectives and skills to approach any quantitative challenge.
What You’ll Do
We are looking for a statistician with considerable experience in statistical and econometric analysis with a matching educational background (degrees in statistics, biostatistics, and/or econometrics preferred). Particularly, the ideal candidate will be able to write code to perform various statistical analyses (estimation, statistical inference, and regression analysis) that are both technically correct and insightful. They should be able to identify and initiate analytical tasks and present data visualizations without much direction. The individual with whom we would like to work should be able to use a vast array of analytical tools and skills (such as Stata, SAS, R and/or SQL) to generate clear and concise work product for client presentations and expert reports.
Most importantly, we are looking for someone who will continue to learn and grow throughout their career. This involves absorbing new technical material (e.g., research papers, textbooks, online lectures etc.) and trying new software and techniques as the field evolves.
Specifically, we are seeking candidates who have a few years of experience working in a litigation consulting role with the technical expertise listed above. In addition to quantitative skills, candidates should have experience managing other people and different elements of a client engagement.
How You'll Grow
This is a great opportunity to strengthen your understanding of the business and use this knowledge to help build best-in-class programs. In addition, developing strong interpersonal skills by working closely with members of the FTI team.
- Statistical and econometric analysis of large datasets
- Utilizing statistical sampling and survey methodologies for the purposes of estimating population quantities of interest
- Assist in the preparation of technical expert reports in Federal and State courts by:
- Generating independent analyses and ideas
- Writing sections of expert reports
- Preparing computer programs and exhibits for submission to opposing legal counsel and experts
- Uploading and processing of large datasets
- Master’s or Ph.D. in Statistics, Biostatistics, Economics, Public Policy or Mathematics
- Proficiency in at least one of the following: Stata, SAS, or R
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite programs
- 2-6 years of work experience in a technical role where you cleaned data, performed statistical analysis, presented to outside parties, and managed the work product of others (preferably in a dispute advisory consulting role)
- Proficiency in Python
- Familiarity/Understanding of SQL Server, Amazon Web Services, and/or Hadoop
Ability to quickly assimilate relevant information in unfamiliar situations
Ability to develop creative approaches and solutions necessary to resolve complex problems
- Ability to lead projects and manage the workflow of large, complex engagements
- Excellent listening, verbal, written, and presentation skills
Apart from the well-structured career path and excellent team environment, our employees enjoy a variety of perks and benefits. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Competitive salary and bonus plans
- Generous paid holidays, time off and parental leave
- Full package of benefits plans
- Company matched 401K
- Annual paid volunteer hours
- Corporate matching for charitable donations
- Potential for flexible working arrangements
- Free snacks and drinks
- Upscale offices close to public transportation
- Pet insurance
About FTI Consulting
What makes us unique? With more than 6,250 employees located in offices in every corner of the globe, we are the firm our clients call when their most important issues are at stake. Regardless of what level you are, you will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from top experts in your field on high-profile engagements that impact history. Our culture is collaborative, and we value diversity, recognition, development and making a difference in our communities.
Practitioner / consultant
FTI Consulting 750 3rd Ave
NY 10017 New York City , United States