Executive / senior industry position
With operations in 35+ nations and ~ 22,000 employees worldwide, CSL is driven to develop and deliver a broad range of lifesaving therapies to treat disorders such as hemophilia and primary immune deficiencies, and vaccines to prevent influenza. Our therapies are also used in cardiac surgery, organ transplantation and burn treatment.CSL is the parent company of CSL Behring and Seqirus. CSL Behring is a global leader in the protein biotherapeutics industry, focused on bringing to market biotherapies used to treat serious and often rare conditions. CSL Behring operates CSL Plasma , one of the world's largest collectors of human plasma, which is used to create CSL’s therapies. Seqirus is the second largest influenza vaccine company in the world and is a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness and a major contributor to the prevention and control of influenza globally.We invite you to take a look at the many career possibilities available around the globe and consider building your promising future at CSL by becoming a member of our team!
GENERAL SUMMARYThe Senior Coordinator is responsible for providing highly competent and professional functional, project and program coordination and management for SI&OE, including Strategy, Project Office, Data Analytics & Metrics, Operational Excellence and Innovation. Works independently to assure successful interactions between SI&OE’s functions and otherdepartments and colleagues throughout CSL Plasma and CSL Behring globally, as well as managing the work of external vendors.The Senior Coordinator will enable SI&OE to better provide CSL Plasma with the means for optimizing opportunities to achieve strategic and operational priorities through:
- Strong project coordination/management, communication and follow-up abilities, with strong multi-tasking capabilities to adapt and change to new projects and assignments
- Coordination and support for building capabilities and standards across the business in strategy, project and portfolio management, data analytics, operational excellence, and ideation/innovation management
- Implementation and maintenance of ongoing processes to assure effective collaboration and delivery of service.
- Leads Knowledge Management activities for the department, including building and maintaining SharePoints, and developing internal and external communications
- May also independently manage departmental projects as needed
- Manages transactional and communications processes between SI&OE and other CSL functions, including crossfunctional teams like the Headed to the Future Team (HTF), Portfolio and Project Leadership Team (PPLT) and the Data Analytics Team.
- Contributes to standardization and a sustained collaborative culture by supporting the development and continuous improvement of processes and tools for project/program management, operational excellence, strategy development and data analytics processes.
- Leads Knowledge Management efforts, including development, content management and maintenance of the groups’ SharePoints and connections to external CSL and other knowledge services, e.g., the CSL Project Knowledge Center.
- Coordinates Project Office and the PPLT processes and activities, including portfolio reviews, training (e.g., registration, logistics, and follow-up), coaching, mentoring, consulting, health checks, tool development, etc.
- Coordinates Data Analytics & Metrics and the Data Analytics Team processes and activities, including maintenance of the CSL Plasma Data Glossary and working with technology solutions, e.g., QlikSense, to help develop dashboards and reports that will enable self-service data analytics.
- Coordinates Operational Excellence processes and activities, including continuous improvement methods, training activities, tracking projects, reporting project updates and assessing project success. Manages follow up process between ADOQs and OE staff for full-scale OE initiatives to assure result sustainability.
- Coordinates Strategy and the HTF/EMT Team processes and activities, including preparations for bi annual reviews. Monitors and follows up on EMT and HTF actions and management of Strategic Initiative Areas (SIAs).
- Supports the creation of the Innovation function within SI&OE including development and ongoing maintenance of ideation (idea management) and innovation management processes.
- Successfully leads initiatives/projects independently and with cross-functional teams for the benefit of SI&OE.
- Provides complex coordination and facilitation support to the heads of each sub-function within SI&OE as assigned, e.g., off-site meeting planning, travel arrangements, managing vendor relationships, purchase orders, payment of invoices, etc.
- College degree, preferably in a related technical subject, business or industry-related subject or equivalent related work experience
Experience• A minimum of 5 years in related fields and in the areas of project coordination and management, customer support and coordination. Familiarity with OE/continuous improvement, data analytics and ideation/innovation management methodologies and techniques preferred• Advanced computer skill to create and utilize pivot tables, v-lookups, and graphs preferred• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook,OneNote); experience with Microsoft Project and Visio preferred• Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills across cultures
Working Conditions (physical & mental requirements)
- Works largely with a computer, monitors, and required accessories
- Understands complex problems to collaborate and explore alternative solutions
- In general, limited overnight travel required. Volume of travel can be impacted by the needs of projects or company meetings
- Works well in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions, often requiring multi-tasking and reprioritization of activity
- Safe work environment in an office setting
- Shares information with internal and external contacts with common desire to reach a solution
- Ability to compose letters, outline memorandum and basic reports and/or to orally communicate technical information
- Overnight travel required up to 10% of the time
- The incumbent can be located remote