Mid-level industry position
Business: Boys Town
Job Summary: In a career as a Senior Internal Auditor, you will assume the lead role for audits and reviews of business risks through financial, operational and compliance audits of various functions, departments or activities of the organization. Evaluates the system of internal controls proposing recommendations to strengthen the internal control environment and/or increase effectiveness and efficiency. Communicates audit results to management. Serves as a resource for audit issues.
Schedule: Full Time Monday – Friday day hours
- Executes audit planning by performing research to assist in development of appropriate audit scope, audit programs, and testing procedures.
- Takes a lead role by utilizing audit skills and practices to identify, document, test the effectiveness of internal processes and controls and develop sound conclusions.
- Communicates effectively both orally and in writing sound conclusions supported by audit evidence and makes recommendations to strengthen internal controls and increase efficiency, effectiveness and economy of operations.
- Performs regular follow-up and review in accordance with Internal Audit procedures to ensure management action plans are completed within agreed upon time frames. Ensures completed action plans are evidenced to support the completed status.
- Takes a lead role by participating in a risk assessment process by collaborating with Internal Audit leadership and team members to complete an assessment with input from management in addition to other relevant individuals.
- Maintains a high level of organization and planning in order to complete assigned projects within designated time frames.
- Regularly researches and utilizes outside resources to maintain and update knowledge of healthcare, youth care, and audit issues.
- Participates in continuing education activities, and keeps credentials up to date.
- Partners with management to improve education, compliance, and controls related to financial, operational and compliance issues.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Accounting, related field, or equivalent.
- 3 to 5 years of experience including program or financial auditing; experience in non-profit industry is preferred.
- CPA or CIA certification is required.
- Knowledge of auditing standards, policies, and procedures; knowledge of regulatory provisions and industry practices.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements pertaining to youth care and/or healthcare.
- High level of professionalism and interpersonal skills. Excellent critical thinking, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to demonstrate an adequate amount of professional skepticism in all audits.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
- Ability to communicate with individuals at all levels in the organization and with external business contacts in an articulate, professional manner while maintaining strict degree of confidentiality.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Ability to translate complex data into understandable conclusions and recommendations.
- Ability to work independently in a collaborative environment, meet deadlines, and multi-task while maintaining quality standards.
About Boys Town: Boys Town touches the lives of more than 2 million children and families nationwide each year. As one of the country’s largest nonprofit funded child-care organizations, Boys Town is nationally recognized for its research-proven child, health and family care programs. From our start in 1917, we’re poised to make even greater strides forward as we lead the way in changing how America cares for children, families and communities for the next 100 years.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's mission, which is why we offer an array of competitive and attractive benefit options. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town Physicians, free prescriptions, tuition assistance, access to the campus Field House, parenting resources from our experts and advancement opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Date Posted : July 13, 2020
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.