Senior researcher / group leader
Independent leader of projects responsible for overseeing all aspects of project delivery; delegates project management tasks to mid-level and junior staff. Takes scientific responsibility for project completion; responsible for strategic consultation and for use of best methods to address research needs. Oversees and participates in a large project portfolio. Innovates scientifically and produces output of high scientific quality. Assumes significant responsibility for sales targets and client development.
Develop and implement programs of health economic (HEOR) or RWE research for a wide range of therapeutic areas, and to help:
- Demonstrate the value of an intervention beyond efficacy
- Assess benefits and risks associated with healthcare interventions
- Design and interpretation of clinical trials
- Assess pricing scenarios
From technical perspective, depending on background strong focus on either:
- expertise in health economic modeling to conduct cost-effectiveness analyses of healthcare interventions and experience conceptualizing and implementing simulation models and other decision-analytic models in health economic setting is a necessary requirement, or
- all aspects of delivery of retrospective, cross-sectional, and/or prospective studies using RWD. This may include studies of existing databases and/or de novo data collection.
- Conceptualize and design HE model specs and any necessary statistical analysis plans.
- Lead interactions with clients in the pharmaceutical and medical device industries in proposal stage and during execution.
- Be accountable for scientific and financial performance of projects.
- Act as a guide and mentor to staff, with supervisory responsibilities assigned as needed.
- Build a network of experts (mainly payors) that help to plan and conduct the above activities.
- Develop and maintain client relationships, leading to proposal development opportunities.
- Advanced level understanding of relevant health economic and statistical methods.
Education and Experience
PhD with greater than five years of relevant experience; or Masters with greater than seven years of relevant experience.