Executive / senior industry position
Procurement Manager represents Group Procurement as a Core Team member on cross-functional project teams with the goal of bringing new products to market
You will manage all aspects of sourcing for different product development projects from concept phase through product launch. Sourcing categories can include a range of raw materials, custom tooling, services, and contract manufacturing.
You collaborate with Category Sourcing Managers to ensure key strategic suppliers/partners are utilized, developed and reviews & oversees issuance of all specs (BOMs/tech packs) for accuracy, completeness, quality, affordability, and compliance prior to release.
You participate in efforts to create value through innovation, providing guidance to R&D for procurement aspects.
You initiate Requests for Quotation (RFQ)/Proposal (RFP), coordinate bid list in close alignment with project objectives & category sourcing strategies and present sourcing recommendations with detailed analysis to project teams.
You lead and support supplier negotiations related to development costs, quality and delivery terms and track supplier performance and risk throughout the project.
- Bachelor’s degree in a field of life science, Advanced Degree (Master's or MBA) preferred
- Minimum 7 years professional experience in one or more of following roles: new product development, strategic sourcing, technical services, product management in life science or pharmaceutical industries
- Experience in a global, matrixed organization with experience in and exposure to advanced sourcing strategies
- Ability to lead and influence change in the face of complexity and ambiguity
- Ability to speak and present effectively to peers and Management
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills to manage and resolve highly complex business issues
- Knowledge of strategic sourcing and supplier management concepts
- Strong contract development and negotiation skills
- Familiarity with life science Product Management and technology commercialization
- Fluency in English required
Working time model: full-time
US Disclosure The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.North America Disclosure The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our HR Services team at 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday.
Job Segment: Product Development, Pharmaceutical, Manager, Pre-Sales, RFP, Research, Science, Management, Sales