Executive / senior industry position
Careers that Change Lives
- Allocates costs, collects data, and prepares reports that maintain the company's cost accounting system.
- Applies principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepares internal and external financial reports.
- Maintains or oversees the control of accounts and records in such areas as disbursements, expenses, tax payments and income.
- Capital & asset management, withholding tax, GST, Amex Travel.
- Global Invoice Processing follow-up, accounts payables and aging reviews.
- Compiles and analyzes financial information to record transactions, prepare reports, and review and verify accuracy.
- Responsible for completion of federal, international and state income tax returns including all related analysis and support, including valuation of assets.
- Prepares balance sheet, profit and loss and cash flow statements, prepares and consolidates financial statements, and other accounting schedules and reports.
- Prepares external reporting of the effective tax rate, balance sheet, transfer pricing, cash flow forecasting and the tax footnotes.
- Designs, modifies, installs, and/or maintains accounting systems to ensure an adequate recognition of financial transactions.
- Responsible for the adherence to and communication of accounting and auditing policies and procedures and internal controls.
- Gathers historical cost data on such activities as material purchases, labor, equipment depreciation, repairs, assembly, operating expenses, etc.
- May be responsible for month end close.
- May be responsible for technical support and accounting of M&A activities.
- May oversee technical accounting research for complex business transactions and implementation of new accounting standards.
May recommend, design, or develop revisions to the cost accounting system.
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
- Bachelors degree required in finance and accounting or related.
- Minimum of 4+ years of relevant experience, or advanced degree with a minimum of 3 years relevant experience
Nice to Have
- Amex Card Administration
OneSource (Tax Reporting).
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information.
About MedtronicTogether, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be. We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future. Physical Job Requirements The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. For Office Roles: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers. Contact your manager or local HR to understand the Work Conditions and Physical requirements that may be specific to each role. (ADA-United States of America)
Change Begins With You
We look for bold ideas and fresh insights - that's what drives innovation. Come drive the future of healthcare with us.
The opportunity to invent. The benefit of joining a leader. The power to improve lives. You’ll find all that and more here.
Join us in our challenge to make global healthcare more affordable and accessible. Your insight and oversight will help us create solutions that change the world.
Our mission “to alleviate pain, restore health, and extend life” is more than a statement. It’s a belief that our employees live every day.
Join us, and bring the power of your unique point of view to our culture of collaboration and innovation.
“The mission to improve access to healthcare globally is something we are all very proud to work hard toward achieving. Great people, fun atmosphere, big city salaries. The CEO is fantastic - he is a very clear communicator of the mission and is truly dedicating his life to achieving it.”
“Smart and committed coworkers. Mission driven. Good benefits. Good long term career opportunities. Company is large enough that you can always find interesting projects to work on.”
“Knowing that everyday your work helps to save lives makes it great place to work. Training on lean practices, quality and other. Excellent peers.”
It is the policy of Medtronic to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Medtronic will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
This employer participates in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For further information about the E-Verify program, please click here.
Executive / senior industry position