Executive / senior industry position
The Skin SMM will report into the Marketing Director and will identify, develop, implement promotional and strategic marketing activities for Erivedge. This role will play an integral role in continuing to establish Erivedge as a standard of care for patients with advanced Basal Cell Carcinoma.
The Product Marketing organization establishes the full product value proposition and product positioning for all customer types. It is also accountable to design outstanding customer experiences and works with networked partners (e.g. Field Sales, Genentech Business Operations) to deliver these experiences. A marketer uses resources and their network to make meaningful progress with patients and customers each day. This individual also lives the CMG Operating Principles (I am Genentech’s Ambassador, I Partner with Purpose, I Own Our Business, I am Empowered for Action).
We are looking for a marketer who thrives in a dynamic, business driven role. As a generalist marketer, you will be expected to contribute to a variety of initiatives and projects across Skin, however the initial focus will be partnering with the training and development team and our non-personal promotions activities.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply and will be actively considered. There is no succession planning or preferred candidate.
- Supports the development and execution of value proposition, customer positioning, and the end-to-end customer experience across SKiN
- Responsible for optimizing all marketing materials, including branding, messaging, and channel mix for target customers, including digital.
- Strategically evaluates the need for new resources to address a customer need, in line with Brand and Squad priorities. Creates new materials when necessary, partners with Sales Leadership and Training & Development to optimize execution with existing materials.
- Accountable for high quality, compliant execution across all marketing platforms and customer types (e.g. patients, providers, organized customers)
- Prioritizes and creates personal messages and resources for field-based channels in coordination with non-personal messages and resources
- Identifies and works regularly with internal network partners and external resources to deliver product marketing activities
- Monitors marketing activity usage, performance, and customer satisfaction to optimize campaigns and drive customer and business outcomes
- Uses and commissions appropriate marketing research needed to drive overall market positioning and to inform the optimal end-to-end customer experience
- Partners with the Promotional Review Committee, including Legal and Regulatory, to ensure development, approval, and pull-through of compliant and effective promotional tactics
- Leads and/or participates in flexibly deployed work teams across the CMG network, contributing novel ideas or approaches based on their areas of expertise
- Works autonomously to make decisions and act, in close alignment with the full product value proposition, customer positioning, and Squad priorities
Skills and Competencies:
- Strong working knowledge of all aspects of brand marketing to include positioning, branding, campaign development and channel mix
- Knowledge of the healthcare ecosystem including health economics, policy and the regulatory environment
- Knowledge of each critical customer type e.g. patients, providers, organized customers as well as their experiences and their needs end-to-end
- Ability to think with an enterprise mindset
- Ability to influence and inspire individuals and teams across the CMG network
- Breadth of experience in product/therapeutic area, access marketing and multichannel marketing
- Ability to flex and thrive in an ambiguous environment undergoing transformational change
- Strong customer orientation and focus
- Strong analytical skills to effectively utilize research and behavioral data to shape strategies and tactics
- Strong agency management skills
- Ability to translate strategic direction into action plan for self, and make progress in the face of ambiguity
- Good judgment in recognizing the distinction between "good enough” and perfection
- Embraces change, embodies a continuous improvement mindset, and exemplifies agile principles in day-to-day activities
- MBA or related advanced degree is preferred
- 12-15 years of experience in a combination of sales, marketing or market planning roles in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry.
- Strong written, oral and presentation communication skills
- Proven track record for consistently meeting or exceeding performance targets and qualitative goals
Who We Are
A member of the Roche Group, Genentech has been at the forefront of the biotechnology industry for more than 40 years, using human genetic information to develop novel medicines for serious and life-threatening diseases. Genentech has multiple therapies on the market for cancer & other serious illnesses. Please take this opportunity to learn about Genentech where we believe that our employees are our most important asset & are dedicated to remaining a great place to work.
The next step is yours. To apply today, click on the "Apply online" button.
Genentech is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital & veteran status. For more information about equal employment opportunity, visit our Genentech Careers page