Researcher / analyst
Department Overview – “About us”
IHS Markit provides global pricing and reference data, indices and information services across multiple asset classes. Customers throughout the financial services industry leverage our information products and services for independent valuations and to support research and analysis, risk management, regulatory reporting and trading.
Markit Indices, as a division of IHS Markit, is a global index provider covering equities, fixed income and economic indices. We also provide index-related services to enable customers to meet custom or bespoke index and investment requirements. We leverage more than 15 years of experience in designing, administering and calculating innovative indices across OTC and exchange-listed asset classes to construct and deliver high quality indices. iBoxx, the fixed income index product offered by IHS Markit offers broad benchmarking and liquid tradable index solutions that track bond markets globally.
IHS Markit and our experienced partners are responsible for the marketing, administration, price consolidation and index production in accordance with publicly available rules and standards. Index values along with a range of associated analytical information are published every day after being subject to a rigorous series of quality controls.
Duties and Responsibilities – “Your Role”
Job Description and Responsibilities
As part of the growing global index operations team, you will help us expand our coverage and reach within the Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) themed index space. You will be working closely with the index operations team to manage the day-to-day production of our internal and external ESG data sets and support the launch of new products. Your work and responsibilities will focus on:
- Management of the day-to-day communication with ESG vendors
- Data collection and integration of daily ESG updates from the various vendors
- Evaluation of the impact of changes in ESG factors on the relevant indices including implementation of updates and changes to factors due to corporate actions and vendor reports
- Onboarding of new ESG data sets and factors from internal and external sources
- Working with the index team to expand and update the rule books and operational guidelines for handling incoming ESG data sets
- Working with the development team to improve the data onboarding and management processes
- Defining requirements, testing and implementing incremental improvements to the ESG technology toolkit to enable operational efficiencies and best practices in the day-to-day management of ESG data and the relevant indices
- Compiling operational metrics to measure efficiency and accuracy of processes
- Ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements including reporting on ESG characteristics of index products
- Working within the global index team to ensure seamless integration of ESG data into current and new index products
Desired Skills and Experience
- MBA Fresher, University graduate or equivalent, preferably in the finance, data management, computer science, or economics disciplines
- Problem solver with strong analytical skills and affinity for financial markets, ideally with previous experience in the fixed income markets
- Demonstrated interest in corporate governance, ESG principles and financial markets (previous experience with ESG data sets or regulation is a plus)
- Strong organizational and time-management skills with the ability to manage and meet tight deadlines around the provision of current and accurate ESG data sets
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Excel and other standard office software are required.
- Knowledge of Python, VBA and SQL and non-relational databases is advantageous.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in a global, multi-cultural environment and communicate with a global customer base
- A forward-looking view of broad market developments with the ability to understand the potential impact on the index space and awareness of ESG regulation and trends.
- Commercial awareness of the business, its index products and clients, and the commercial opportunities surrounding ESG products
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.
- Country: India
IHS Markit. All rights reserved.