Mid-level industry position
In order to purchase products you must first fill out a customer application. Once your application has been approved you will be able to purchase products directly.
Please upgrade your account today!
Job Function: We are hiring a Staff Accountant. The Staff Accountant will be responsible for compiling and recording transactions for amounts owed from PO’s and invoices. This person will also maintain vendor files and accurate aging. The Staff Accountant will also maintain and issue 1099s, process checks and vendor payments, collaborate with our Purchasing department, process expense reports, file sales/use taxes, record asset depreciation, and complete other projects as assigned.
- Accurate processing of invoices in the company’s ERP system
- Prepare wire transfers/ACH payments
- Set up and maintain vendor files
- Organize and maintain all payment records
- Perform international payable & receivable transactions
- Lead and instruct Accounting Specialist for A/P related tasks
- At calendar year end – Issue 1099s to vendors and perform electronic fillings
- Process and file sales/use tax for various states
- Process and deposit AR payments/checks
- Reconcile from fixed assets software to the general ledgers and record depreciation
- Participate in balance sheet accounts reconciliation
- Assist Accounting Manager in month-end and year-end close process as required and perform any other related and special tasks assigned as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, or equivalent experience required
- 2-3 years of experience in a similar function at a company with at least 100 employees
- Experience using an ERP system required; SAP experience preferred
- Must have good understanding of expense coding and purchase orders
- Knowledge and experience with sales tax
- Clear and concise communication skills
- Proficiency in analysis, basic sales tax law, and basic 1099 tax rules
- Accounting knowledge and understanding of Chart of Accounts is required
- Must have experience with Excel and Word; understand the basic functions of a PC operating system so electronic files can be opened and saved in an organized manner
- Ability to speak, read, and write English
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to interact with all departments in a professional manner
FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.