Location: Mounds View, MN / remote location
Careers That Change Lives
Help lead the effort to create global strategies for worldwide medical device approvals to introduce new products to market. Bring your talents to a leader in medical technology and healthcare solutions. Rooted in our long history of mission-driven innovation, our medical technologies open doors. We support your growth with the training, mentoring, and guidance you need to own your future success. Join us for a career that changes lives.
In this exciting role as a Statistician, you will have primary focus responsibility to statistical support of clinical studies for Structural Heart devices.
Cardiac and Vascular Group (CVG)
The Cardiac and Vascular Group brings all of our cardiac and vascular businesses together into one cross-functional, collaborative operating unit to employ the full breadth of our talent, technologies, products, services, and solutions to address the needs of customers and patients across the globe. This group includes Aortic, Peripheral and Venous (APV), Cardiac Rhythm and Heart Failure (CRHF), Atrial Fibrillation (AF) Solutions, and Coronary and Structural Heart products.
Coronary and Structural Heart (CSH) provides interventional devices to treat coronary arteries that are blocked by atherosclerotic plaque and devices and therapies to treat structural defects of the heart.
Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned.
- Applies statistical knowledge and experience to the design of clinical studies, ensuring that study objectives can be met. This requires calculation of sample size and power, as well as possible determination of appropriate design assumptions.
- In development-phase projects, prepares the statistical component of protocols which meet project objectives, health authority guidelines, and clinical trial methodology standards. Assists in development and review of case report forms, ensuring data will be collected efficiently and accurately.
- Develops and/or applies statistical theories, methods, and software.
- Summarizes and interprets data into tabular and graphical formats amenable to principles of statistical inference and is responsible for the statistical component of reports describing studies, outcomes and methods used.
- May partner in trial design and in establishing standards for clinical conduct, and the collection, management and/or reporting of data.
- Provides specifications and directions to the clinicians/statistical programmers.
- Supports the regulatory review and approval of the experimental therapies.
- Identifies potential threats to study credibility and validity, and works with study team to prevent, track, and manage potential problems.
- Writes the statistical analysis plan for the study, if required.
- Interprets statistical and clinical findings, and ensures that regulatory submissions, reports, and manuscripts accurately reflect the data collected.
- Writes Results and Methods sections of clinical reports, abstracts and manuscripts as needed.
- Consults with other (e.g. non-clinical) staff on statistical and analysis issues.
- Attends and contributes to project and department meetings.
Must Have (Minimum Requirements):
- SAS and/or R
- Statistical methods (e.g., survival, regression)
- Statistical and/or clinical report writing (e.g., writing or updating clinical reports/documents) and demonstrated ability to communicate (written and verbal) technical content.
- Experience working with large data sets.
About Medtronic Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be. We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future. Physical Job Requirements The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position, but they are not an exhaustive list of all the required responsibilities and skills of this position. The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. For Office Roles: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers. Contact your manager or local HR to understand the Work Conditions and Physical requirements that may be specific to each role. (ADA-United States of America)
Change Begins With You
We look for bold ideas and fresh insights - that's what drives innovation. Come drive the future of healthcare with us.
The opportunity to invent. The benefit of joining a leader. The power to improve lives. You’ll find all that and more here.
Join us in our challenge to make global healthcare more affordable and accessible. Your insight and oversight will help us create solutions that change the world.
Our mission “to alleviate pain, restore health, and extend life” is more than a statement. It’s a belief that our employees live every day.
Join us, and bring the power of your unique point of view to our culture of collaboration and innovation.
“The mission to improve access to healthcare globally is something we are all very proud to work hard toward achieving. Great people, fun atmosphere, big city salaries. The CEO is fantastic - he is a very clear communicator of the mission and is truly dedicating his life to achieving it.”
“Smart and committed coworkers. Mission driven. Good benefits. Good long term career opportunities. Company is large enough that you can always find interesting projects to work on.”
“Knowing that everyday your work helps to save lives makes it great place to work. Training on lean practices, quality and other. Excellent peers.”
It is the policy of Medtronic to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Medtronic will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
This employer participates in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For further information about the E-Verify program, please click here.