A Career at HARMAN
We are ONE HARMAN. We are greater than the sum of our divisions or brands. We proudly talk about our many iconic brands and describe how our technologies are transforming the car, the workplace and everywhere in between. We work hard. We create useful, playful, beautiful things. We strive for excellence and we aim to win as a team. No matter the position, every employee at HARMAN is expected to demonstrate our core competencies: leadership, change-orientation, collaboration, judgment and a results-driven mindset. At HARMAN, we expect brilliance. You can expect a career full of brilliant possibilities.
HARMAN’s internship program is a 12-week experience that offers students hands on opportunities with real business challenges along with professional development. Our diverse portfolio of businesses and customers offer interns a great opportunity to gain exposure to a wide range of projects and practices.
You will have the opportunity to work on a collaborative team within one of our key functional areas such as Software Development, Software Testing, Customer Program Management, Finance or Marketing. You will work closely with a mentor on specific business projects while also joining your fellow interns to participate in learning sessions and networking events. Your specific role could be in areas such as:
- Software and Application Development
- Software Testing
- Customer Program Management
- Hardware Engineering
- Must be currently enrolled in a Bachelor's Degree program at an accredited institution having completed your Sophomore year or later, taking at least one class in the semester/quarter prior to participation in the internship program and returning to school for at least one semester upon completion of the internship program
- Must have a cumulative 3.0 GPA
- Previous entry-level work experience strongly preferred
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills and be able to confidently interact and present information to senior leaders and executives
- Must work collaboratively with strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Must provide own housing and transportation to/from work
- Willingness to work in an office in Novi, MI
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
- Must provide full work availability from May 2019 through August 2019 and be able to work 40 hours per week
- Any offer of employment for any position that requires use of a HARMAN or customer owned vehicle is contingent upon the applicant having a clean driving record, which will be evaluated and determined in Harman’s sole discretion; however, applicants may have no more than 4 active points for moving violations (issued by any motor vehicle agency), and applicants must have no references to operating a vehicle under the influence of controlled substances within the last 10 years.
HARMAN (harman.com) designs and engineers connected products and solutions for automakers, consumers, and enterprises worldwide, including connected car systems, audio and visual products, enterprise automation solutions; and services supporting the Internet of Things. With leading brands including AKG®, Harman Kardon®, Infinity®, JBL®, Lexicon®, Mark Levinson® and Revel®, HARMAN is admired by audiophiles, musicians and the entertainment venues where they perform around the world. More than 25 million automobiles on the road today are equipped with HARMAN audio and connected car systems. Our software services power billions of mobile devices and systems that are connected, integrated and secure across all platforms, from work and home to car and mobile. HARMAN has a workforce of approximately 30,000 people across the Americas, Europe, and Asia. In March 2017, HARMAN became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics. HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Looking for a challenge where your experience is valued? Come see what you can achieve as a leader with HARMAN! (www.harman.com)
Novi , United States