Executive / senior industry position
Share this Job Title: Supervisor, DC Planning EMEA
Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
We are seeking an analytical, results driven, energetic EMEA DC Planning Supervisor, with previous experience in a similar role preferably in supply chain, logistics or planning.
As the EMEA DC Planning Supervisor you are responsible for ensuring exceptional customer service is provided while meeting financial requirements, through control and centralized co-ordination of the day to day operations of planning. This includes looking after Inventory Planning, Materials Management, Control and Co-ordination of Inventory, Sales and Operations Plans, Information Accuracy for MRP & Co-ordination of New Product Implementation/Material Changes.
This position manages all levels of demand and conducts end to end planning of inventory and inventory drivers to ensure exceptional customer service, timely and efficient logistics flow and minimizing waste associated with inventory and time. This position includes tactical buying from both external and inter-entity vendors, identifying opportunities to improve efficiencies and service.
Build teamwork and trust, act with integrity, honesty and respect for fellow contributors.
Leadership & Change Agent
- Provide direction, champion approved global strategies as communicated for the assigned Planning team, which are aligned with CommScope objectives
- This includes motivating people to perform, listening to people, providing feedback, recognizing strengths and providing challenges
- Lead the development, implementation and training related to changes in structure, functionality and processes to ensure alignment with best practice ERP and information systems
- For the assigned planning team creates and mentors, drive team to high performance levels and execute talent development plans, including regular performance reviews, leadership identification and development.
- Encourages open exchange of information, will promote collaboration and teamwork, will provide balanced feedback, and must be clear, tactful and motivating in written and oral communication; must be able to get ideas across in a non-confrontational manner in one-to-one situations, small groups, and before large audiences
- Manage inventory levels based on cost, service metrics and customer expectation
- Own and communicate key performance metrics around lead times, delivery performance and inventory levels
- Working with direct manager to develop and implement end to end material plans
- Evaluates current procedures and practices to ensure they accomplish activities and outcomes. Develops and implements after discussion with manager on alternate methods designed for improvement of work standards, planning quality, and improved lead-times.
- Support direct manager as required with the formulation of business strategies, action plans and tactics to ensure that specific programs are developed to achieve growth and profit objectives; being mindful of best practice standards.
- Monitor and analyze inventory programs such as vendor managed inventory programs, contract manufacturing, safety stock and other programs. Measure and report effectiveness of inventory programs.
- Coordinate SKU rationalization process to meet Product Line Management and Operational objectives
- Manage cost associated with supply chain, including avoidance of additional freight cost
- Interface with customer service on key account activities
- Identify and implement after discussion with manager continuous supply chain improvements activities
- Provide order status reports for all open backlogs to Business Operation and regional sales management
- Collaboration with other functional areas to improve planning processes including Manufacturing, Customer Care, Engineering, Logistics, Purchasing and Product Line Management
- Provide analysis and support to ongoing and new planning technology initiatives
- Manage a comprehensive risk management methodology to ensure delivery of large projects is flawlessly executed
- Identifies, logs, analyses and manages potential and actual issues and risks, taking corrective action by tackling day-to-day issues head on and reviewing how more serious issues and risks might impact on scope, schedule, quality and cost
- Management experience with strong career orientation, financial acumen and team management. This should include experience in supply chain, logistics or planning.
- Operational experience, preferably within multinational company experience.
- Experience utilizing a computerized MRP/ERP system, SAP experience – preferred
- Capable of seeing and appreciating the big picture and longer-term issues while at the same time being detail orientated and ensuring that agreed outcomes and results are achieved on schedule.
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to resolve moderately complex issues
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to exercise initiative and achieve outcomes
- Computer literate – advanced level of Microsoft office knowledge and experience
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills (English)
It is the policy of CommScope to provide Equal Employment Opportunities to all individuals based on merit, qualifications and abilities. CommScope does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age or any other characteristics as protected by law. Furthermore, this contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.
Executive / senior industry position