Researcher / analyst
Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
In this position, you'll provide our medical laboratory customers with front-line clinical/technical quality control data support, by telephone and email, for Bio-Rad's Unity Interlaboratory peer data comparison Program. Be responsible for peer data report quality produced by the Unity Interlaboratory Program.
- Your position has high customer visibility, you'll interact by telephone and email with our Unity Interlaboratory Program participant customers (mostly medical laboratories), Bio-Rad selling unit staff, channel partners and colleagues worldwide on a daily basis.
- You'll review Unity Interlaboratory Program peer data reports and perform analysis of associated data through the use of basic statistical concepts, and provide Unity customer and peer report interpretation.
- You'll use and provide basic support of our company developed Unity RealTime, Unity Web and QCNet end user software applications, and will heavily use our company developed Unity Central database.
- You'll be troubleshooting basic Unity data and report issues, and escalating higher complexity items.
- You'll document and follow-through on Unity data and related customer inqiries and complaints.
- You'll be responsible for Unity peer data quality of assigned QC products, meeting published deadlines, producing customer delight, maintaining high telephone Service Level metrics, and overall quality of report data content produced by the Unity Interlaboratory Program.
- Requires a Bachelors degree in a life science or related medical/clinical/technical discipline (biology, chemistry, medical technology, clinical laboratory science, biochemistry, molecular biology or statistics preferred).
- At least one course in statistics is strongly recommended.
- Course(s) in quality control helpful, clinical laboratory QC desired.
- Clinical/medical laboratory licensure helpful (e.g. CLS, MT, MLT, etc.) or equivalent.
- Requires a basic knowledge of statistics and a foundation in scientific theory and demonstrated ability to apply and clearly communicate scientific/technical knowledge applicable to clinical laboratory QC.
- Awareness of medical laboratory test system elements (analytes, methods/principles, instrument platforms, reagents, units) used in the clinical laboratory is highly desired.
- Requires data analysis skills, knowledge of basic statistical computations & data categorization practices applicable to clinical laboratory QC data.
- Good judgment; professional, clear writing and telephone skills are required.
- Typing at least 30 WPM.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Requires the ability to hear, understand and speak clearly in English; and the ability to work well with customers and colleagues in a call center environment.
- Two years working with customers in a customer service, public setting or technical/clinical support role highly desired.
- Experience and/or familiarity with Bio-Rad's Unity Interlaboratory Program highly desired.
- 1-2 yrs experience in a life science or related clinical/medical/technnical field desired.
- 1-2 yrs experience working in a clinical laboratory or the clinical diagnostics industry highly desired.
- 1-2 yrs experience in QC and/or data analysis desired.
- Some familarity with laboratory QC data management systems helpful.
- Knowledge of/experience with Bio-Rad QC products, Unity software products, and the Unity Interlaboratory Program highly desired.
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 8,000 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Share on your newsfeed