Mid-level industry position
Careers that Change LivesThe Wound Closure Conversion Specialist (WCCS) will be deployed as flexible resource within a sales area. The WCCS is dedicated to supporting key conversion initiatives and any market growth objectives associated with the conversion. MITG BUSINESS DESCRIPTIONThe Minimally Invasive Therapies Group (MITG) is part of Medtronic plc, the global leader in medical technology. We are committed to ongoing breakthrough developments in leading-edge technology, unrivaled service and support, and uncompromising leadership. From advanced energy-based surgical devices to decades of experience across areas of respiratory care, we offer unmatched clinical and economic value through our range of market-leading brands. Our trusted technologies deliver performance and inspire confidence through a comprehensive approach that takes every element of a patient's health into careful consideration. SURGICAL INNOVATIONS sets the standard for Minimally Invasive Surgery (MIS) by creating innovative surgical products and services that focus on obesity and diseases and conditions of the gastrointestinal tract, lung, abdominal wall, pelvic region, and the head and neck.Click here to learn more about our products and solutions. A Day in The Life Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned:
- Provide process and technical support prior to, during, and after completion of conversion targets.
- Responsible for training, education, in-servicing and logistical activities during all phases of conversion.
- Conversion lead rep role where applicable.
- Develops and nurtures key relationships within conversion facilities.
- Assists in growing adoption of new products, supporting vacant territories, and driving key account standardization initiatives during conversion down time.
- Other duties as assigned with or without accommodations
- Responsible for developing, building, and strengthening long-term relationships with stakeholders including hospitals, physicians, and Radiology and Surgical personnel.
- Responsible for pursuing leads, assessing needs and providing product services to maximize the benefits derived from Medtronic's Medical/Scientific Equipment products and/or services.
- Conducts and/or evaluates market research including customers and competitors activities.
- Develops and/or implements market development plans/strategies and changes as needed.
- Assesses customer needs and feedback regarding new products and/or modifications to existing products and communicates to internal stakeholders including R&D, Operations and Marketing.
Must Have: Minimum Requirements Nice to Have
- Prior medical device, business to business or pharmaceutical sales experience highly preferred.
- Knowledge of sales techniques typically gained through education and / or on the job learning.
- Introductory knowledge of company products and services.
- Demonstrable, consistent success in previous roles indicated by high level of sales performance
- Strong customer focus in delivering sales and building relationships.
- Understanding of vendor, distributor, hospital supply chain management.
- Excellent written, verbal skills; ability to develop and present complex business reviews/presentations.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office software. Ability to effectively navigate through databases and retrieve information electronically. Ability to quickly learn new programs and systems.
- Ability to multi-task effectively, and to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Must possess strong organizational skills and the ability to successfully handle multiple priorities.
- Hardworking driven individual with effective persuasion skills.
About MedtronicTogether, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be. We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future. Physical Job Requirements The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. For Office Roles: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers. Contact your manager or local HR to understand the Work Conditions and Physical requirements that may be specific to each role. (ADA-United States of America)
Change Begins With You
We look for bold ideas and fresh insights - that's what drives innovation. Come drive the future of healthcare with us.
The opportunity to invent. The benefit of joining a leader. The power to improve lives. You’ll find all that and more here.
Join us in our challenge to make global healthcare more affordable and accessible. Your insight and oversight will help us create solutions that change the world.
Our mission “to alleviate pain, restore health, and extend life” is more than a statement. It’s a belief that our employees live every day.
Join us, and bring the power of your unique point of view to our culture of collaboration and innovation.
“The mission to improve access to healthcare globally is something we are all very proud to work hard toward achieving. Great people, fun atmosphere, big city salaries. The CEO is fantastic - he is a very clear communicator of the mission and is truly dedicating his life to achieving it.”
“Smart and committed coworkers. Mission driven. Good benefits. Good long term career opportunities. Company is large enough that you can always find interesting projects to work on.”
“Knowing that everyday your work helps to save lives makes it great place to work. Training on lean practices, quality and other. Excellent peers.”
It is the policy of Medtronic to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Medtronic will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
This employer participates in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For further information about the E-Verify program, please click here.
Mid-level industry position