Doctoral Program in Economics – 15 Scholarships available
The Graduate School of Economic and Social Sciences (GESS) at the University of Mannheim offers excellent opportunities for highly motivated students with a quantitative orientation to pursue their doctoral degree in Economics.
The highly regarded doctoral program enrolls an average of 15 students each year and comprises 30% of internationals in the students’ body. The faculty is dedicated to anchoring all teaching and research firmly in the core disciplines of Microeconomics, Macroeconomics and Econometrics. The first year of the program lays the critical foundation necessary for later work in field courses and dissertation and paves a path for the students to work in intense collaboration with our dynamic and outstanding faculty to learn the craft of research. This occurs both in theoretical projects and in empirical fields, where learning-by-doing transfers information about data sets, research strategy, and econometric tools.
The research results by our students and graduates are regularly published in the leading journals and our graduates have undertaken distinguished careers in academics, industry, and government. Many of them are currently enriching some of the best departments and research facilities worldwide as professors, assistant professors or post-docs.
- All PhD Programs in English
- Benefit from generous monthly scholarships
- Engage with internationally recognized professors
- Gain new insights from research stays with partner universities worldwide
- Take advantage of your office space in a brand new building
- Enjoy your personal new laptop and software
- Profit from our skills courses such as teaching, academic writing and presenting
- Boost your career options with dedicated job market training
- No tuition fees – government funded first-class education
Aplication Deadline: March 31, 2018
For early offers we provide an early application deadline: January 31, 2018
Candidates that are not accepted in the early round will be reconsidered with all other applications after the final deadline of March 31, 2018.
- Master’s degree or excellent Bachelor’s degree in the respective field or equivalent
- Letter of motivation describing why you want to join one of our programs
- Two letters of recommendation from university professors
- GRE test score
Do not miss this unique opportunity to become part of a leading doctoral program and APPLY NOW.
We are looking forward to your application.
15 Scholarships available
Graduate School of Economic & Social Sciences (GESS) - University of Mannheim
Mannheim , Germany