Msc Quantitative Finance and Actuarial Science
Regular fees: 2253 EUR
International Fees : 15100 EUR
The number of scholarships is limited and mainly targeted at students with excellent study results. Visit website for more info
Apply and develop advanced new mathematical or statistical tools to tackle a wide range of financial and actuarial challenges, ranging from price setting to risk management and policy advice.
Program and courses
Become a highly qualified specialist in the area of quantitative finance and insurance, a field which uses a large array of sophisticated mathematical and statistical models for various applications concerning risk management in financial institutions.
- Being fully trained in generic methods for responsible risk management in the financial and insurance sector, gives you a competitive advantage on the job market.
- Customize your program with many electives.
- Ideal stepstone to become a fully qualified actuary: after graduation you can obtain several exemptions in the part-time Executive Master in Actuarial Science offered by the Dutch Actuarial Institute.
- In the first semester of the regular program, you can also apply for the following advanced programs:
* The Extended Master's Program, which adds a half year traineeship to your regular Master's program.
* The QTEM network program, which adds an additional year to the program which you spend at a QTEM partner university and corporate partner.
Typical courses are:
- Valuation and Risk Management
- Asset Liability Management
- Empirical Finance
- Risk and Regulation
The career prospects for students of this program are excellent. Alumni of the Master's program in Quantitative Finance and Actuarial Science work, for example, as risk management consultants, actuaries, and investment analysts at banks, insurance companies, pension funds, consulting agencies, trading firms, and government bodies.
You can also become a fully qualified actuary: after graduation you are eligible to apply for the part-time Executive Master in Actuarial Science offered the Dutch Actuarial Institute.
Graduates work or start for example as:
- Quantitative Risk Consultant at RiskQuest
- Analyst at Goldman Sachs
- Actuary at ASR
- Senior Policy Advisor at the Ministry of Social Affairs and Employment
- The gross monthly income per month of graduates in the first year after graduation: €4,157
- 100% of our alumni consider the program a good starting point for their career, of which 89% to a (very) large extent
- 91% of our alumni is (very) satisfied with the program.
Source: National Alumni Survey, 2021 (based on an average of our three econometric Master’s programs combined: Econometrics and Mathematical Economics, Quantitative Finance and Actuarial Science, and Business Analytics and Operations Research) | n=21
Tilburg , Netherlands