Young Economist Prize - Best paper submitted on topics of relevance to Central Banks
Prizes & contests
The winning paper will be awarded a £5,000 prize, with additional prizes for other outstanding papers.
The Qatar Centre for Global Banking and Finance at King’s Business School is proud to announce the Young Economist Prize as part of its forthcoming annual Conference on Thursday 6 and Friday 7 July 2023 at King’s College London.
The Young Economist prize will be awarded to the best paper submitted on topics of relevance to Central Banks. It is open to PhD students of all nationalities who are currently enrolled on a programme in economics or finance (or a related field). The prize winners will be announced during the Conference and the winning paper will be awarded a £5,000 prize, with additional prizes for other outstanding papers.
Shortlisted applicants (finalists) will be invited to:
- Present their papers at a PhD student-focused poster session during the conference.
- Attend the Conference on 6 & 7 July 2023.
- Attend the Conference Gala Dinner on 7 July with an opportunity to network with distinguished academics and central bankers.
**The Centre will cover expenses for travel and accommodation (including flights) to allow shortlisted applicants from across the globe to attend these events. Please indicate on your application whether you will be able to attend the above events in person.
To apply, please submit your paper by midnight on Sunday 30 April 2023, via the link below.
Shortlisted applicants will be notified mid May 2023.
Application Entry Criteria
1. Applicants must be currently enrolled on a PhD programme in economics or finance (or related field). In the case of co-authored papers, all co-authors must have completed their PhD no more than five years ago.
2. Applicants must include a short non-technical summary with their paper explaining the importance of their topics to central banks.
3. The paper does not need to have been prepared exclusively for the prize; you may submit a job market paper, or a paper that you have presented previously.
4. Please note: while we would like finalists to attend the Conference in person, please do not hesitate to apply should this not be possible, as we can make alternative arrangements for online engagement.
Partially Online (some attendance required)
Prizes & Contests
Applicants must be currently enrolled on a PhD programme in economics or finance (or related field). Papers should be single-authored.
Graduate Students, Early Career (PhD / Postdoc)
Bush House, 30 Aldwych
WC2B 4BG London , United Kingdom