5th IWH-FIN-FIRE Workshop on “Challenges to Financial Stability”
on 19/20 August 2019 in Halle (Saale)
The Halle Institute for Economic Research (IWH) – Member of the Leibniz Association and the FIRE research centre at Frankfurt School of Finance & Management are organising a joint Workshop on “Challenges to Financial Stability” on August 19th and 20th, 2019, to be held in Halle (Saale). The workshop provides a platform to discuss changes in the regulatory framework of the financial sector, their impact on financial stability, and consequences for the real sector.
We invite theoretical and empirical contributions on topics including:
- regulation, firms and financial intermediation
- law, politics and finance
- unconventional policy and low interest rates
- macro prudential policy and real estate
- implications of central clearing for systemic risk
- digitalisation and business models of financial institutions
- financial networks and systemic risk
Anat R. Admati, Stanford University Graduate School of Business
Luigi Zingales, University of Chicago Booth School of Business
There is no registration fee. However, participants are expected to pay their expenses for travel and accommodation.
The submission deadline is April 28th, 2019
Please submit papers and direct questions to FIN-FIRE@iwh-halle.de