IAMO Forum 2019 focuses on the interlinkages between small farm development as well as agricultural and public policies. The drivers and consequences will be debated from perspective of economics, political sciences, sociology, anthropology and economic history. For the call for submissions see here.
We welcome submissions of papers addressing the following issues with a regional focus on Europe, Central Asia and China:
- Role of small farms for agricultural growth, food security and resilience
- Public policies promoting competitiveness of small farms and enabling livelihood strategies of rural households
- Political economy of agricultural and pro-poor public policies
- Commercialization and smallholder participation in value chains
- Role of corruption and informality for small farms
- Interaction between corporate agribusiness and small farms
- New forms of cooperation in rural areas
- Allocation of land and tenure security
- Access to production inputs and finance
- Role of income diversification and migration in small farm development
- Role of women in small farm development
Extended abstracts and proposals for organized sessions can be submitted electronically until February 24, 2019.
For more information on the conference see www.iamo.de/forum/2019.
IAMO Forum 2019
Small farms in transition: How to stimulate inclusive growth?
26 – 28 June 2019