The Doctoral School focuses on the knowledge in the field of the social sciences by promoting and organizing doctoral programmes in , and Sustainability: Economics, Environment, Management and Society (SUSTEEMS).
The mission of the Doctoral School of Social Sciences is to:
- Offer a broad common methodological context, promoting the use of new methods of research offering a wide range of applications in Social Sciences.
- Enhance with a broader perspective than those strictly disciplinary, when studying employment, development, institutional and organizational design.
- Offer both .
- Give students the opportunity to live in a , interacting with scholars with different perspectives of studying economy and society in a strongly international exchange context.
The main focus areas of the School Programmes are as follows:
- Methodologies supporting an as well as the use of non-standard approaches based on and a behavioural approach to decision and organization sciences.
- especially focusing on relations between global and local development. As one of the main topics will be considered the activity.
- particularly connected with .
- The classical themes of , among which , - such as educational, cohort and gender inequalities - , labor market studies, welfare systems, and sociology of organizations. Often a comparative - perspective - over space or time - is adopted. Specific attention is devoted to the , as well as to the topics of public policy evaluation.
The Doctoral School offers a series of doctoral curriculums each year, which are presented at the start of the academic year in the School’s
Furthermore, the Doctoral School organizes seminars, meetings and additional research events in collaboration with external partners and for the length of the academic year.