The University of Trento is now inviting applications from qualified candidates for 15 PhD Scholarships in its three PhD programmes:
PhD programme in Sociology and Social Research (5 scholarships)
The programme provides state-of-the-art research training and teaches advanced professional skills in sociology and social research. Besides providing a solid foundation in the disciplines, including a broad range of quantitative and qualitative methods, the Programme places strong emphasis on theoretically driven empirical sociology. The PhD Programme in Sociology and Social Research is open to proposals on all kinds of topics related to Sociological research. Particular attention will be paid to proposals fitting in the following research areas highlighted in the description of the PhD programme, among them:
- social and demographic change;
- comparative sociology; welfare and social policies;
- social inequality studies and stratification research (class, education, cohort, gender);
- economic sociology, labour market and organizational studies;
- migration studies;
- political sociology (political participation, social movements, public opinion research);
- digital sociology, computational social sciences
- communication and cultural sociology
- cognitive sociology
PhD programme in Economics and Finance – jointly with the Free University of Bozen (6 scholarships)
The programme aims to train researchers with solid quantitative and theoretical skills capable of analyzing economic and financial phenomena. The theses must be oriented to the maximum scientific rigor and present innovative characters that make them publishable in prestigious international journals subject to peer-review. The programme is designed to contribute to the international scientific debate on the issues of economics and finance. In this perspective, candidates will be encouraged to use methodologies that reflect the state of the art and to adopt a multidisciplinary approach. Particular emphasis will be given to research proposals on the following subjects:
- Economic development and institutions
- Monetary and fiscal policies
- Economic choices and energy transition
- Financial risk management
- International companies and markets
- Investment and optimization tools
- Evaluation of public policies
- Financial markets
- Big Data
- ESG and sustainable finance
Two Project-specific scholarships have been added on May 30, 2023
For further details please click here.
PhD programme in Sustainability: Economics, Environment, Management and Society - SUSTEEMS (6 scholarships)
The programme is a rigorous training and research program which will provide PhD students with the know-how to investigate, develop and implement models and methods in the multidisciplinary nexus of economic, environmental and social sustainability. Such methodologies include: sustainable economic models and tools for managing natural resources, sustainable business and management models and tools for companies, institutions, for-profit and non-profit organizations. Particular emphasis will be given to research proposals on the following subjects:
- Sustainability measurement, risk assessment and impact evaluation of climate change, green technologies, social innovation, etc.
- Non-market valuation for sustainability.
- The impact of regulations and norms on sustainable development.
- Business models in a world of technological and organizational change, and social innovation.
- Sustainable management of businesses, organizations and territories with particular attention to tourism and cultural activities.
- Economic inequality, female employment, and sustainability
- Economic development, sustainable trade, sustainability of regions and cities
For more information about the scholarship offered by the Istituto di Ricerca sullo Sviluppo Economico sostenibile IRCRES - CNR: “Science, technology and innovation for sustainable development” see the following webpage: https://www.unitn.it/drss/susteems/1116/project-specific-scholarship-39th-cycle
Application Deadline: June 20, 2023 - 4 p.m. (Italian time)
All programmes are full time and will be taught in English by members of the university’s multi-national faculty. No tuition fees are charged and the scholarships are adequate to cover living expenses in Trento.
For the online application, see https://webapps.unitn.it/Apply/en/Web/Home/dott
For further details, please visit our website http://web.unitn.it/en/drss , or write to:
Doctoral School of Social Sciences, University of Trento, via Verdi 26, I-38122 Trento, Italy, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org