About the journal
Econometrica publishes original articles in all branches of economics - theoretical and empirical, abstract and applied, providing wide-ranging coverage across the subject area. It promotes studies that aim at the unification of the theoretical-quantitative and the empirical-quantitative approach to economic problems and that are penetrated by constructive and rigorous thinking. It explores a unique range of topics each year - from the frontier of theoretical developments in many new and important areas, to research on current and applied economic problems, to methodologically innovative, theoretical and applied studies in econometrics.
Purchase and pricing information
The personal subscription price starts at €250. Subscriptions are accepted on a calendar year basis.
Go to subscription information
The institutional subscription price starts at €646. Subscriptions are accepted on a prepaid basis only and are entered on a calendar year basis.
Information for authors
Econometrica maintains a long tradition that submitted articles are refereed carefully and that detailed and thoughtful referee reports are provided to the author as an aid to scientific research, thus ensuring the high calibre of papers found in Econometrica. An international board of editors, together with the referees it has selected, has succeeded in substantially reducing editorial turnaround time, thereby encouraging submissions of the highest quality.
We strongly encourage recent Ph. D. graduates to submit their work to Econometrica. Our policy is to take into account the fact that recent graduates are less experienced in the process of writing and submitting papers.
Instructions for Submitting Articles
To submit to Econometrica you must be a member of the Econometric Society.
Key Instructions: Papers should be submitted in PDF format. They should be easily readable and should be under 45 pages. Authors should report in a cover note any relevant relationships between their submission and other work by the same author currently under review at other journals or reviewed earlier at Econometrica. Cover notes are otherwise ordinarily discouraged. Submission implies that the work is original, unpublished and not under review elsewhere. Authors are required to supply data sets, programs and other material necessary to replicate results reported in the submission. At least one author must be a member of the Econometric Society. Further submission instructions are listed on the Econometrics Society website.
Abstracting and indexing information
- ABI/INFORM Collection (ProQuest)
- Abstracts on Hygiene & Communicable Diseases (CABI)
- AgeLine Database (EBSCO Publishing)
- Business ASAP (GALE Cengage)
- Business Premium Collection (ProQuest)
- CAB Abstracts® (CABI)
- CompuMath Citation Index (Clarivate Analytics)
- Current Contents: Social & Behavioral Sciences (Clarivate Analytics)
- Current Index to Statistics (ASA/IMS)
- Expanded Academic ASAP (GALE Cengage)
- Global Health (CABI)
- Health Management Database (ProQuest)
- Health Research Premium Collection (ProQuest)
- Hospital Premium Collection (ProQuest)
- IBR & IBZ: International Bibliographies of Periodical Literature (KG Saur)
- International Political Science Abstracts (IPSA)
- Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition (Clarivate Analytics)
- Journal Citation Reports/Social Science Edition (Clarivate Analytics)
- Leisure Tourism Database (CABI)
- Leisure, Recreation & Tourism Abstracts (CABI)
- Maize Abstracts (CABI)
- Mathematical Reviews/MathSciNet/Current Mathematical Publications (AMS)
- OmniFile Full Text Mega Edition (HW Wilson)
- Periodical Index Online (ProQuest)
- Proquest Business Collection (ProQuest)
- ProQuest Central (ProQuest)
- ProQuest Central K-155
- ProQuest Politics Collection (ProQuest)
- ProQuest Sociology Collection (ProQuest)
- Quality Control & Applied Statistics (Executive Sciences Institute)
- RePEc: Research Papers in Economics
- Research Library (ProQuest)
- Research Library Prep (ProQuest)
- Rural Development Abstracts (CABI)
- Science Citation Index Expanded (Clarivate Analytics)
- Social science Database (ProQuest)
- Social Science Premium Collection (ProQuest)
- Statistical Theory & Method Abstracts (Zentralblatt MATH)
- World Agricultural Economics & Rural Sociology Abstracts (CABI)
- ZBMATH (Zentralblatt MATH)