About the journal
The Review was founded in 1933 by a group of young British and American Economists. It is published by The Review of Economic Studies Ltd, whose objective is to encourage research in theoretical and applied economics, especially by young economists, and to publish the results in the Journal. The Review of Economic Studies is essential reading for economists. It is one of the core economics journals, consistently ranking among the top five titles.
5 year Impact Factor
Purchase and pricing information
Institutional subscriptions starting at €543 and corporate subscriptions at €681. Personal subscription costs €113.
Unless otherwise stated, all personal and member print subscriptions include online access to current content.
- All subscriptions are entered on a calendar year basis running from January to December. For subscriptions that include access to online content, access will not become effective until the subscription has commenced.
- OUP normally stocks print single issues from the current and previous year. Limited stock may be available to purchase for older issues. Older issues not listed as available for purchase here may be available from Periodicals Service Company.
Articles published prior to 1996 are not available via a current subscription. In order to view content before this time, access to The Oxford Journals Archive is required.
An Institutional or Corporate subscription may be used by multiple individuals within an organisation. A Personal subscription may only be used by the individual subscriber for personal use.
Full pre-payment in the correct currency is required for all orders:
- USD ($) for orders delivered to USA, Canada, Mexico, Central, South and Latin America
- EUR (€) for orders delivered within Europe (excluding UK)
- GBP (£) for orders delivered elsewhere
- All orders are regarded as firm and subscription payments are not refundable after the first issue has been dispatched or online access has been activated.
All prices shown above are exclusive of any taxes and include standard delivery.
Any rates above not available for online purchase can be ordered by contacting your nearest Customer Service office.
It is not possible to renew an expired/lapsed subscription. If your subscription has expired please choose 'buy subscription' option.
More Information available here.
Information for authors
Publication ethics and submission information
Authors should observe high standards with respect to publication ethics as set out by the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) and International Committee of Medical Journal Editors (ICMJE). Falsification or fabrication of data, plagiarism, including duplicate publication of the authors' own work without proper citation, and misappropriation of the work are all unacceptable practices. Any cases of ethical misconduct are treated very seriously and will be dealt with in accordance with the COPE guidelines.
Abstracting and indexing services
The Review of Economic Studies is covered by the following abstracting and indexing services:
- AgeLine Database (AARP)
- AGRICOLA Database (National Agricultural Library)
- Business ASAP (Thomson Gale)
- CSA Biological Sciences Database (CSA/CIG)
- CSA Environmental Sciences & Pollution Management Database (CSA/CIG)
- Current Contents (Thomson ISI)
- Current Contents: Social & Behavioral Sciences (Thomson ISI)
- Ecology Abstracts (Elsevier)
- Expanded Academic ASAP (Thomson Gale)
- Family Index
- GEOBASE/Geographical & Geological Abstracts (Elsevier)
- IBR & IBZ: International Bibliographies of Periodical Literature (KG Saur)
- IBSS: International Bibliography of the Social Sciences
- Journal Citation Reports/Social Science Edition (Thomson ISI)
- Journal of Economic Literature/EconLit (AEA)
- Mathematical Reviews/MathSciNet/Current Mathematical Publications (AMS)
- OMNIFILE Full Text Mega Edition (OMNIFILE)
- Proquest 5000 (ProQuest)
- Proquest Discovery (ProQuest)
- Proquest Platinum (ProQuest)
- Proquest Research Library (ProQuest)
- Proquest Social Science Journals (ProQuest)
- RePEc: Research Papers in Economics (RePEc)
- SCOPUS (Elsevier)
- Social Science Research Abstracts
- Social Sciences Citation Index (Thomson ISI)
- Social Sciences Index/Abstracts (HW Wilson)
- Social SciSearch (Thomson ISI)
- Student Resource Center College (w/ Academic ASAP)
- Wilson OMNIFile V (HW Wilson)
- Zentralblatt MATH/Mathematics Abstracts (FIZ Karlsruhe)
This information is taken from the Journal Citation Reports (Web of Science Group, 2019).
+44 (0) 1536 452657