About the journal
The Review of Financial Studies is a major forum for the promotion and wide dissemination of significant new research in financial economics. As reflected by its broadly based editorial board, the Review balances theoretical and empirical contributions. The primary criteria for publishing a paper are its quality and importance to the field of finance, without undue regard to its technical difficulty. Finance is interpreted broadly to include the interface between finance and economics. The Review is sponsored by The Society for Financial Studies. The editors of the Review and officers of the Society are elected for limited terms.
5 year Impact Factor
Purchase and pricing information
Institutional subscriptions starting at €779 and corporate subscriptions at €2098. For single issues purchase, please check the journal website.
Unless otherwise stated, all personal and member print subscriptions include online access to current content.
All subscriptions are entered on a calendar year basis running from January to December. For subscriptions that include access to online content, access will not become effective until the subscription has commenced.
OUP normally stocks print single issues from the current and previous year. Limited stock may be available to purchase for older issues. Older issues not listed as available for purchase here may be available from Periodicals Service Company.
An Institutional or Corporate subscription may be used by multiple individuals within an organisation. A Personal subscription may only be used by the individual subscriber for personal use.
Full pre-payment in the correct currency is required for all orders:
USD ($) for orders delivered to USA, Canada, Mexico, Central, South and Latin America
EUR (€) for orders delivered within Europe (excluding UK)
GBP (£) for orders delivered elsewhere
All orders are regarded as firm and subscription payments are not refundable after the first issue has been dispatched or online access has been activated.
All prices shown above are exclusive of any taxes and include standard delivery.
Any rates above not available for online purchase can be ordered by contacting your nearest Customer Service office.
It is not possible to renew an expired/lapsed subscription. If your subscription has expired please choose 'buy subscription' option.
More Information available here.
Information for authors
For further information about The Review of Financial Studies and the Society for Financial Studies, please visit the SFS site.
Publication ethics and submission information
Authors should observe high standards with respect to publication ethics as set out by the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) and International Committee of Medical Journal Editors (ICMJE). Falsification or fabrication of data, plagiarism, including duplicate publication of the authors' own work without proper citation, and misappropriation of the work are all unacceptable practices. Any cases of ethical misconduct are treated very seriously and will be dealt with in accordance with the COPE guidelines.
Abstracting and indexing services
The Review of Financial Studies is covered by the following abstracting/indexing services:
- Current Contents® /Social and Behavioral Sciences
- Finance Literature Database
- International Bibliography of the Social Sciences
- Journal Citation Reports /Social Sciences Edition
- Periodicals Index Online (PIO)
- PROQUEST DATABASE : ABI/INFORM Archive Complete
- PROQUEST DATABASE : ABI/INFORM Complete
- PROQUEST DATABASE : ABI/INFORM Global
- PROQUEST DATABASE : ABI/INFORM Research
- PROQUEST DATABASE : Banking Information Source
- PROQUEST DATABASE : Magazines
- PROQUEST DATABASE : ProQuest 5000
- PROQUEST DATABASE : ProQuest 5000 International
- PROQUEST DATABASE : ProQuest Central
- PROQUEST DATABASE : ProQuest Discovery
- PROQUEST DATABASE : ProQuest International Academic Research Library
- PROQUEST DATABASE : ProQuest News & Magazines
- PROQUEST DATABASE : ProQuest Pharma Collection
- PROQUEST DATABASE : ProQuest Research Library
- RePEc (Research Papers in Economics)
- Social Science Research Network (SSRN)
- Social Sciences Citation Index®
- Social Scisearch®
Oxford University Press