Executive / senior industry position
As a member of the Global Finance team, you’ll be on the forefront of key finance initiatives and gain exposure to a wide array of financial responsibilities. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to roll up your sleeves and join a team committed to driving value at a $3 billion global leader on the front lines of making our world a safer place. It takes strategic thinking and a drive for high performance, process simplification and financial accuracy. But if you can bring that, you can help make a real impact.
- Full Time
We have found that the following traits and attributes help lead to a successful future in finance at PerkinElmer.
Responsible for building a training library to further develop, expand and refine our financial skillsets and leadership capabilities
Technology & Process
Developing the desired technology roadmap for finance to streamline processes, enhance financial analysis and drive company results
Increasing the Finance community camaraderie, developing a “One Team” culture and engaging employees through more than just work
I never thought I would learn as much as I have over the past year. I attribute this to my peers and senior leadership, without whom would not have been possible. I’m so grateful to be working in a company with a culture that promotes career development and collaboration.Christian Borelli, Financial Analyst, Corporate FP&A
Medical, Dental and Vision
Job ID JR-015477 Date posted 07/30/2020
PerkinElmer is a $2.8 billion global leader committed to innovating for a healthier world. With over 11,400 employees around the globe, we pioneer scientific technologies for better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers gain earlier and more accurate insights to improve lives and the world around us. At PerkinElmer our mission is to innovate for a healthier world, and it starts with our exceptional employees.
Purpose and Key Responsibilities
The Director of Domestic Taxes and Reporting will provide a critical role in supporting the PKI Tax Department. This position will lead a team of tax professionals focused on domestic income tax compliance and external SEC financial reporting matters. This position reports directly to the Head of Tax.
Detailed responsibilities involved in leading the worldwide GAAP income tax provision efforts include:
- Ensuring that the Company’s quarterly and annual income tax provisions are timely and accurately prepared in accordance with relevant GAAP, SEC, and other authoritative guidance related to Accounting for Income Taxes.
- Researching relevant authoritative guidance and preparing Company position papers for discussion and review with Senior Management and external auditors.
- Preparing the tax footnote, MD&A, and related tax disclosures for regulatory filings including SEC Forms 10-Q and 10-K.
- Supporting purchase price allocations under ASC 805, intangible asset impairment testing under ASC 350 and 360 (formerly SFAS 142 and SFAS 144), measuring and updating valuation allowance and Uncertain Tax Positions under ASC 740 (formerly FIN 48), and reviewing the equity award tax impact under ASC 718 (formerly SFAS 123R).
- Maintaining technical expertise, developing staff knowledge, and clearly / effectively communicating results and recommendations to management.
- Managing the income tax provision relationship with external auditors.
- Reviewing local country quarterly and annual tax information packages integral to the global income tax provision.
- Coordinating and preparing both US and international tax-related balance sheet accounts reconciliations and analysis, including deferred tax reconciliations.
- Ensuring that key SOX 404 controls are appropriate, properly monitored & maintained, and effective. Develop department policies and procedures to minimize Accounting for Income Tax risk.
- Leading Income Tax Accounting process improvement projects including extensive reliance on OneSource income tax provision software, process flow mapping, HFM roll forward functionality and other process automation efforts.
- Forecasting both Effective Tax Rate and Cash Taxes.
- Interact with various groups within the tax department, finance and accounting, legal and other teams as needed.
Detailed responsibilities involved in leading the domestic compliance efforts include:
- Oversee the US federal, international and state compliance and payment requirements.
- Manage domestic audit inquiries and other communication from federal and state taxing authorities.
- Coordinate and work effectively with finance and controllership personnel, as well as outside tax providers to understand, identify, explain, and implement necessary revisions and modifications to the Company’s tax positions.
- Monitor legislative developments impacting PerkinElmer’s domestic filing positions.
- Supporting the Tax and Finance teams in identifying key business metrics and developing underlying systems, processes and procedures to efficiently deliver them.
- Lead all domestic M&A due diligence and integrations.
- Oversee income tax accounting for Canada, Latin America and Puerto Rico.
- Coordinate the tax compliance for Canada and Puerto Rico with external advisors
The requirements listed below are representative of the basic knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- At least 10-15 years multinational corporate or public accounting firm experience with primary responsibility for managing or auditing the income tax provision for SEC registrants involving both domestic and international operations.
- Comprehensive knowledge and technical expertise involving all relevant guidance applicable to ASC 740 and related guidance in connection with accounting for income taxes.
- Ability to effectively utilize SAP and Hyperion for tax provision and tax accounting.
- Ability to communicate / present issues in a clear and effective manner across all levels throughout the company and external auditors.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills. Highly efficient, organized, reliable, and resourceful professional with practical experience and ability to understand processes.
- Competency and / or proficiency in using standard Tax and Accounting for Income tax software applications (i.e. One Source).
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to exercise independent judgment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree and CPA, with Master’s in Taxation or JD preferred.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
To address growing supply constraints worldwide, PerkinElmer has expanded the production capacity of its extraction and RT-PCR tests at its global facilities... Learn More »
Please be aware, PerkinElmer does not make job offers without conducting in-person interviews. We do not charge job application fees, any request for fees is not a legitimate PerkinElmer job offer. Please be aware that remote job scams have been reported against many companies, for more information please visit: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0243-job-scams