FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in its staff and international consultants in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
Qualified female applicants and qualified nationals of non-and under-represented member countries are encouraged to apply.
Persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
FAO Partnership and Liaison Office in Azerbaijan
Mr. Bariz Mehdiyev, Assistant to Representative of FAO
The project “Development of sustainable and inclusive local agro-food systems in north-west region of Azerbaijan” aims to establish local agro-food systems that integrate sustainable food production, processing, marketing, distribution and consumption supported by a demand driven agricultural advisory services system in the north-west region of Azerbaijan (Gakh, Zagatala and Balakan).
In this context, under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative in Azerbaijan, direct supervision of the Assistant FAO Representative in Azerbaijan, and the technical supervision of the Lead Technical Officer, the consultant will work closely with the project team and provide technical assistance in development and implementation of business plans of the project beneficiaries in close consultation with the Food Technology consultant.
In light of the above, this consultancy aims to contribute to the establishment and support of local inclusive and efficient agriculture and food systems for selected products and improvement of market access through strengthened producer-buyer linkages. The National Consultant will be responsible for the following activities foreseen to be implemented in our regional office with duty station in Gakh, Azerbaijan.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- In consultation with the Food Technology consultant, provide technical support to start-up business plans to access inputs and equipment through matching grants;
- In collaboration with the Project Team, develop regulations and eligibility criteria governing the matching grant scheme for selection of beneficiaries;
- In collaboration with FAO specialists, contribute to preparation of technical specification of inputs and equipment forimproving production and value addition to be procured for each start-up business plan;
- Provide guidance and consultation to beneficiaries on development of business plans;
- Regularly visit beneficiaries to monitor and control implementation of the business plans;
- Conduct a rapid market assessment for the selected products
- Provide consultation to beneficiaries on market penetration and sales channels;
- Regularly engage with stakeholders in order to acquire their support in implementation of the start-up business plans;
- Assist beneficiaries in development of marketing strategies.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisors.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- An advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in relevant field, such as agribusiness, agro-industry, food processing, agriculture, and marketing;
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible professional experience in agribusiness development;
- Working knowledge of English.
- National of Azerbaijan or resident in the country with a regular work permit.
FAO Core Competencies:
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Proven technical and analytical skills and experience in agri-food business and strategy development and/or start-ups;
- Experience in agro-industrial sector;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, team oriented work style, interest and experience of working in multi-cultural environment;
- Demonstrated flexibility in leadership by performing and/or overseeing the analysis/resolution of complex issues;
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and to provide credible leadership;
- Demonstrated capacity to facilitate in-depth, outcome oriented, stakeholder dialogues;
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and present comprehensive reports;
- Strong capabilities in formulating complex scopes of work;
- Excellent computer skills especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Ability to take on assignments that require travel, mission and/or appointment to field locations;
- Completes tasks in a timely, cost-effective way and/or escalated properly
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.
• FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing).
• Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help, or have queries, please contact: Careers@fao.org
• Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted.
• Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications.
• For other issues, visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. Only applications received through the recruitment portal will be considered.
Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile.
If you need help, or have queries, please contact: Careers@fao.org
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT