The Metis Economic Development Organization (MEDO) is a business investment and management firm that works with the Manitoba Metis Federation (MMF) to make key business investment decisions based on generating profit and building capacity for the long term sustainability of the Metis within Manitoba.
The Metis Economic Development Organization (MEDO) seeks to fill one full-time seasonal Manager position within our brand new MEDO Golf & Country Club located in St. Laurent, MB. Remuneration is fair and equitable and is open to discussion based on experience.
The Manager is responsible for the successful and profitable operation of all aspects of the MEDO Golf and Country Club and its associated facilities. The Manager, in consultation with The MEDO Golf and Country Club Board of Directors and the Metis Economic Development Organization (MEDO) executes and manages the MEDO Golf and Country Club operations in accordance with management best practices, all relevant regulations and legislation, and the mission and objectives set by the Metis Economic Development Organization (MEDO).
- Provides overall direction, guidance and oversight to groundskeeper, restaurant staff, and clubhouse employees on a daily basis and in accordance with the approved strategic plan;
- Responsible for setting goals, objectives and administration of all golf course operations, through daily, weekly, and long range work plans;
- Develop, monitor, and oversee budgets related to the financial management of the course facilities including; the pro shop, the restaurant, the club house, and the course;
- Oversee marketing of the MEDO Golf and Country Club and the promotion of the golf course, pro shop and restaurant facility;
- Assist to update and maintain website and/or social media accounts;
- Ensures that all practices comply with applicable laws and licensing agreements;
- Manages for high performance and provides leadership through strong team building and motivation of employees;
- Assist in the hiring, training, development and retention of staff;
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Management, Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management or a related field. An equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered;
- Experience in a General Manager role within a golf course or relevant position is an asset;
- Supervisory/management experience is an asset;
- Familiar with the practical and financial aspects of managing golf course facilities including; pro shops, restaurants, clubhouses and golf courses and grounds is an asset;
- Experience in marketing, advertising and organizing events is an asset;
- Green Space Management is an asset;
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and customer service skills with experience interacting with stakeholders, employees, customers and members of the public;
- Must be self-motivated, able to work independently, and follow instructions regarding priorities of tasks or functions;
- Ability to perform in a fast paced, physically demanding environment.
Preference will be given to Metis Applicants. Applicants are encouraged to apply and self-identify on their cover letter/resume.