4-year PhD in Economics (7 scholarships)
Doctor of Philosophy
Regular fees: 158 - 170 EUR
International Fees : 158 - 170 EUR
Scholarships € 16.243 gross per year. Additional funds from the 1st year (around € 14.300,00 per year).
We welcome pre-applications for our competitive PhD program in Economics (https://phd.unibo.it/economics).
The program aims at training a selected group of outstanding students for a career as economists in academic institutions or in research units of governments, international organizations, corporations and financial institutions. The program offers 4-year scholarships for full-time students. Six PhD positions with scholarships are for research projects in any field of Economics. One PhD position with scholarship is for a research topic related to the Economic Analysis of the Law, within the European Doctorate in Law and Economics (http://www.edle-phd.eu).
During their doctoral studies, students will have close supervision from the faculty. Our faculty members are at the cutting edge of world research in their fields and are highly approachable. In addition to a number of mandatory courses, students are encouraged to pursue a personalized curriculum by choosing courses within a wide list of options. The program actively assists the PhD candidates who participate in the academic and non-academic job market.
To submit your pre-application, please click here.
Expressions of interest must be submitted online by 23:59 pm (Italian time) of February 22, 2023.
- Candidates from any country are eligible
- Curriculum vitae
- Academic transcript of records for your Bachelor and Master degree
- A Master Degree (second cycle of higher education) is required; it must be completed no later than October 31st, 2023. Such degree must be one of the following:
- Italian laurea specialistica/magistrale (3+2-year)
- Italian university degree pre-reform system (4 or 5 years)
- Academic Master’s degree obtained abroad, comparable to the above-mentioned Italian degrees and recognized as suitable for the admission to doctoral programs
- Name and email address of two letter writers
- Statement of purpose, highlighting your motivations, experiences and research interests
- English language certificates or proof of knowledge of English
- GRE score
Doctor of Philosophy
Piazza Scaravilli 2
40126 Bologna , Italy