Doctoral Positions at MGSE
The MGSE is the umbrella organization for graduate education at LMU Munich’s Faculty of Economics and coordinates the application process for various institutions and research programs.
The MGSE offers a distinguished Ph.D. program in Economics to outstanding young and motivated researchers.
Generally, doctoral students are offered scholarships or paid positions (receiving approximately 1600€ net of taxes). Some positions might carry a teaching obligation.
PhD students at the MGSE are affiliated to and funded by one of the following research programs or institutions:
- Department Chairs
- Egon Sohmen Graduate Center
- Ifo Institute
- Max Planck Institute for Innovation and Competition
- Max Planck Institute for Tax Law and Public Finance
You will be matched to the programs and intuitions according to your research interest.
From the start on, students will be assigned to a mentor from the senior faculty who may or may not end up being the thesis supervisor, In addition, a mentor from the junior faculty will be chosen to provide additional feedback and guidance.
Successful candidates are provided with an advanced training for research in economics with
- a strong focus on the application of state-of-the-art methods
- a combination of demanding course work and an early start of individual research
- comprehensive supervision and mentoring schemes trough an internationally renowned faculty
- excellent international contacts and an outstanding research infrastructure with regular high-profile research seminars and workshops, e.g. visiting scholars from Harvard, MIT, Stanford, LSE, Toulouse, Bocconi and many more
- a possibility to visit other Top 30 universities around the world as part of their research training and to develop their own research network
Positions and courses start in October 2020 (exceptions may apply)
To apply, please visit our website.
We accept applications until March 2, 2020 (11:59 am).
CV, Letter of Motivation, Certificate of Secondary Education (if available), Bachelor Diploma, Master Diploma (or preliminary Transcript of Records), Proof of English-skills, GRE Test, and two recommendation letters. All documents have to be in either English or German.
Applicants presenting a detailed offer by another doctoral program may ask the admission committee for an early decision on their admission.
MGSE Ph.D. Office: email@example.com
For more details, please consult our website: www.en.mgse.vwl.uni-muenchen.de