Doctoral Positions at MGSE
MGSE Ph.D. Office
The MGSE serves as the umbrella organization for graduate education at LMU Munich’s Faculty of economics and coordinates the application process for various institutions and research programs
The MGSE offers a distinguished Ph.D. program in Economics to outstanding young and motivated researchers.
You will be matched to the programs and institutions according to your research interest. From the start on, students will be assigned to a mentor from the senior faculty who may or may not end up being the thesis supervisor. In addition, a mentor from the junior faculty will provide additional feedback and guidance. Positions and courses start in October 2023 (exceptions may apply).
PhD students at the MGSE are affiliated to and funded by one of the following research programs or institutions:
• LMU Munich
• Egon Sohmen Graduate Center
• Ifo Institute
• Max Planck Institute for Innovation and Competition
• Max Planck Institute for Tax Law and Public Finance
Munich Graduate School of Economics (MGSE) – Key Facts
• Department: vibrant research environment, ranked first in Germany (QS World University Ranking 2022 Economics & Econometrics)
• Funding: all positions are funded (monthly income approximately 2000€ net of taxes), no tuition fees
• Structure: a combination of demanding course work and an early start of individual research; entirely in English; approximately 4-5 years
• Opportunity: excellent international contacts; regular high-profile research seminars and visiting scholars; the possibility to visit other Top 30 universities around the world
To apply, please visit our website. Application requirements can also be found on our website.
Deadline: January 31, 2023 (11:59 pm).
80539 Munich , Germany