The Graduate Certificate in Applied Economics (GCAE) allows students to meet the SACSCOC faculty credentials requirement of 18 graduate hours in economics, without completing the 30 hours required for the Master of Science in Applied Economics (MSAE). The GCAE program objective is to provide graduates with analytical capabilities in theoretical and applied economics. After completing the nine credit core, students have a choice of courses that provide skills in market analysis, quantitative analysis, regulatory industry analysis, financial economics and economic development. These capabilities represent a unique combination of skills that are needed within society.
The GCAE provides professionals with the opportunity to continue their education while maintaining full-time employment, wherever they may be located. Our classes are small and typically have from 8-15 students per class.
Advantages of the Online GCAE
- Small class sizes, typically 8–15 students
- Schedule and location flexibility (virtually anywhere, anytime)
- One-to-two year curriculum
- Simulations, discussions and multimedia presentations
- No on-campus visit required
- Courses designed and taught by Georgia Southern University faculty
11935 Abercorn Street
GA 31419 Savannah , United States