RESD – Two Year Master’s programme in Resource Economics and Sustainable Development
RESD offers a solid preparation in environmental economics, a critical understanding of the issues involved in sustainable development both from a theoretical and practical perspective and of the complex interactions between economic decisions, market forces, governmental policies, consumers behaviour and the environment.
The courses offered will provide an in-depth analysis of natural resources, taking into account the institutional setup of markets and the competitive strategies of firms.
The extensive use of quantitative tools and theories will underpin theoretical and empirical approaches, providing the students with the skills to undertake independent research projects, to understand and analyze major current environmental issues and policies, and to act as consultants in private companies and public institutions.
Built on a solid foundation in applied economics, this preparation will distinguish RESD graduates for their ability to critically evaluate the qualitative and quantitative implications of environmental policies, firm-level management, energy policies and strategies and to autonomously produce research, forecasts and plans concerning the evolution of markets for natural resources and to contribute to the design, production and marketing of products compatible with the consumption of natural resources and their sustainability.
5 REASONS OUR STUDENTS JOINED THE PROGRAM
- Solid preparation in the theory and practice of environmental economics.
- Multidisciplinary study program and interdisciplinary approach.
- Network of highly qualified international professors.
- International environment with a diversity of academic backgrounds.
- Critical understanding of the issues involved in the sustainable development goals (UN-SDG)
RESD is intended for students who seek a career as:
- Advisers at governmental authorities (ministries, provinces, and municipalities).
- Managers and environmental consultants in the industry and private companies; experts in sustainable resources management, including the energy sector.
- Consultants in nature conservation organizations; water, waste management, and transport.
- Experts in city management, urban planning and environmental consulting; construction, and building stock management.
- Applied climate change researchers and experts (i.e. ESG analists, energy managers among others), hired, for instance, by banks, insurance companies, large construction companies, and companies operating in the energy sector. Also, local, national and European governments need climate change and climate finance experts.
- Facilitators at consultancies, specialists, and project leaders in non-governmental organizations.
- Development practitioners and policy makers in internationally oriented organizations, constructing socioeconomic and environmental scenarios as a tool for adaptation policies conflicts and synergies between adaptation, economic development, security, poverty, and human rights agendas.
- PhD fellows or researchers at international research institutes, universities, environmental organizations, or governmental organizations.
- Independent entrepreneurs.
- First Cycle Degree or equivalent Bachelor level achieved in any subject, awarded by an Italian or accredited foreign university or university level institution allowing access to a second cycle/post graduate programme.
- RESD applicants should also demonstrate knowledge of fundamental elements in disciplines such as business, economics, law, in addition to mathematical and statistical areas.
- English language Requirement - Minimum B2 level
There are 3 application intakes per academic year:
- Intake 1: February - April
- Intake 2: May - June
- Intake 3: July - August
You may find a more detailed description of the application procedure, requirements, and specific deadlines at the following link: https://corsi.unibo.it/2cycle/ResourceEconomicsSustainableDevelopment/how-to-enrol
Via Angherà, 22
47921 Rimini , Italy