The EPO offers grants for academic research
The European Patent Office (EPO) is pleased to announce a new call for proposals for funding under its Academic Research Programme.
Under the programme, grants of up to EUR 100 000 are awarded in respect of selected proposals on patent-related matters. This programme complements the EPO's long-standing commitment to support research on patent data obtained through its Worldwide Patent Statistical Database (PATSTAT).
This is the third year in succession in which such a call for proposals is being made. The focus this time is on seven thematic areas spanning various disciplines including economics, IP commercialisation, tech transfer, innovation, IP management, IP law and data sciences:
- Measuring the impact of patents on innovation
- The role of patents in technology transfer, commercialisation, and/or investment decisions
- Patent services and intermediaries
- Patents and disruptive technologies (AI, Blockchain, 3D, etc.)
- Impact of public policies and regulatory frameworks on the use of patents by SMEs and PROs across Europe
- Patents and climate change mitigation technologies
- Advanced use of PATSTAT, patent searching, and analytics (e.g. classification, potential of IP linked open data)
The deadline for receipt of proposals is 12 June 2019.
Interdisciplinary projects are welcome.
Munich , Germany