The Deutsche Bundesbank’s Directorate General Cash Management will host its fifth Cash Conference virtually from 15 to 17 June 2021.
We invite experts – from academia, public authorities (including central banks), special interest groups and the private sector – to discuss and exchange views on cash-related subjects. Our aim is to achieve an improved understanding of cash payments based on recent academic research in general and, more specifically, to help identify possible developments and dynamics that will shape the future cash payments landscape and examine what role cash is going to play in it.
Papers covering the following subjects are highly welcome:
- cash demand
- acceptance of cash
- access to cash
- future of cash
Papers on related areas, such as
- cash use today and in the future;
- studies on the role of cash in developed and emerging economies;
- costs and benefits of cash and cashless payment instruments;
- survey-based studies on payment behaviour (cash/non-cash);
- topical issues (e.g. digital base money; issuance of new banknote series; etc.)
may also be submitted and will be considered.
Submission of papers/abstracts
The deadline for submitting abstracts (and preferably the papers) is 16 April 2021. Only abstracts/papers sent in as electronic documents will be considered. All abstracts/papers filed in due time will be reviewed by the conference committee and authors will be informed by end-April 2021 regarding their acceptance.
Content of abstracts
Abstracts should not exceed 300 words in length. In addition we request the following information:
- title of paper ;
- title(s), first and further names, family name of all authors;
- affiliation (institution) and current position;
- postal and email address;
- three keywords (or JEL Index Numbers) that best describe the subject of your submission.
Conference contact for registration
Please send an abstract, or preferably, the entire paper as a separate pdf file by email to
Ms Johanna Herdt
Details regarding how to attend the conference without presenting a paper and additional information can be found on the Bundesbank’s website.
60431 Frankfurt am Main , Germany