A subset of papers selected for presentation at the conference will be featured in a Special Issue in Health Economics. We welcome submissions on any topic related to LTC and LTC policies.
Extended abstracts due by March 31, 2023.
Washington, DC, USA – November 7-8, 2023
The Gateway to Global Aging Data, in partnership with CAPRA, is hosting a conference on long-term care (LTC) policy and its impact on people and communities.
A scientific committee will select a limited number of papers and each of them will be assigned a discussant. A subset of the papers presented at the conference will be selected for a Special Issue in Health Economics.
We welcome submissions on any topic related to LTC and LTC policies, including but not limited to:
- LTC financing
- LTC benefit eligibility
- Benefit generosity and nature of the benefits (e.g., whether in-cash or in-kind)
- Cost-sharing between the beneficiary and the public system
- Interaction with other social welfare benefits
- Effects of LTC policies on informal caregiving, and vice versa
- Caring and labor market participation
- Household portfolio decision and LTC needs
- LTC insurance and private savings
Interested presenters should submit an extended abstract by March 31, 2023. An extended abstract is intended to provide greater detail than a typical abstract so that the scientific committee can better assess its suitability relative to other submissions. Examples of additional detail include information on the data used, preliminary analyses, identification strategy, or a conceptual or economic model. Authors of accepted papers will be notified by April 28, 2023.
Additional information can be found at the conference website: g2aging.org/long-term-care-and-policies.
Submissions or questions can be sent to email@example.com.