About the journal
The Journal of Accounting and Economics encourages the application of economic theory to the explanation of accounting phenomena. It provides a forum for the publication of the highest quality manuscripts which employ economic analyses of accounting problems. A wide range of methodologies and topics are encouraged and covered:
* The role of accounting within the firm;
* The information content and role of accounting numbers in capital markets;
* The role of accounting in financial contracts and in monitoring agency relationships;
* The determination of accounting standards;
* Government regulation of corporate disclosure and/or the Accounting profession;
* The theory of the accounting firm.
5-Year Impact factor
J. Core, W.R. Guay, M. Hanlon, R.W. Holthausen, M. Lang, J. S. Wu
Purchase and pricing information
The personal subscription price will be €140. Subscriptions are accepted on a calendar year basis.
Go to subscription information
The institutional subscription price will be €2555. Subscriptions are accepted on a prepaid basis only and are entered on a calendar year basis.
Go to institutional subscription information
Benefits to authors
We also provide many author benefits, such as free PDFs, a liberal copyright policy, special discounts on Elsevier publications and much more. Please click here for more information on our author services.
Please see our Guide for Authors for information on article submission. If you require any further information or help, please visit our Support Center.
+31 20 210 5300