About the journal
The Journal of Accounting and Economics encourages the application of economic theory to the explanation of accounting phenomena. It provides a forum for the publication of the highest quality manuscripts which employ economic analyses of accounting problems. A wide range of methodologies and topics are encouraged and covered:
* The role of accounting within the firm;
* The information content and role of accounting numbers in capital markets;
* The role of accounting in financial contracts and in monitoring agency relationships;
* The determination of accounting standards;
* Government regulation of corporate disclosure and/or the Accounting profession;
* The theory of the accounting firm.
5-Year Impact factor
J. Core, W.R. Guay, M. Hanlon, R.W. Holthausen, M. Lang, J. S. Wu
Purchase and pricing information
The personal subscription price will be €140. Subscriptions are accepted on a calendar year basis.
Go to subscription information
The institutional subscription price will be €2555. Subscriptions are accepted on a prepaid basis only and are entered on a calendar year basis.
Benefits to authors
We also provide many author benefits, such as free PDFs, a liberal copyright policy, special discounts on Elsevier publications and much more. Please click here for more information on our author services.
+31 20 210 5300