A School of Business and Economics... and so much more
What we stand for
Over our 40-year history, the school has become the top brand in higher education in Portugal, namely in the areas of business, economics, and finance.
This success is explained by our focus on a rigorous and demanding approach to teaching and research; by our efforts to become more and more international and by our naturally bold and vanguardist culture.
Nova SBE is the home to the most innovative way of learning, sharing, and growing. As such, the 90.000 m² campus of Nova SBE stands out as an idyllic scenario for a learning experience like no other.
Nova SBE in Numbers
To those who say “one day I will pursue my dreams”, we answer: the time is now! Take your first step towards success with us.
With more than 60% International students, our school and our community has an active role in a sustainable, innovative, entrepreneurial and technological environment.
- 100% classes taught in English
- 100+ electives tailored to your preferences
- 18 areas of expertise
- Research: 8 Knowledge Centers
- 150 exchange agreements with schools all over the world
- 25 nationalities in the faculty body
- Career Support Services
- Annual career fair
- 50% graduates get their first job abroad
- 100% graduates working after 3 months
- 21000+ Alumni in 60+ countries and 100+ cities
Nova School of Business and Economics provides an excellent level of higher education and research.
Nova SBE programs are student-oriented, collaborative, and advanced. It’s one of the top business schools in the world with Triple Crown accreditation, world-class faculty, and a welcoming and supportive community that embraces diversity.
- 24th Business School in Europe by Financial Times
- 11th best International Master's in Finance in the world by Financial Times in 2022
- 15th best International Master's in Management in the world by Financial Times in 2022
- 3rd best Master's in Economics in Europe in 2022 by Eduniversal
- Triple Crown Accreditations: AACSB, EQUIS&AMBA
The school offers 3 Bachelor’s and 18 Master’s programs that can be blended with the CEMS MIM program. Whether high-school graduates or executive students, everyone can benefit from the school’s reputation and its teaching and research excellence, which is credited in international rankings.
We also offer informative and engaging Master’s Talks, webinars where each program gets the spotlight, providing all there is to know about its curriculum, entry requirements, life inside and beyond Nova SBE and much more. If you want to have all your questions answered right away while having a taste of what the Nova Way of Life is about, then you can do all of this presentially in our Carcavelos Campus with our Master’s Day, on the April 5.
For those who are considering our undergraduate offer instead, we also offer online Open Days, dedicated to answer all your questions about our Management and Economics bachelor programs.
Classes are fully taught in English by world-class faculty with well-established publications in some of the world’s most renowned international academic journals. In addition, Nova SBE students have circa 60 different nationalities, which provides unique networking opportunities and an incredible openness to everyone who wishes to enroll.
At Nova SBE there is a close and supportive relation between faculty and students. Our Master’s Programs also allow for a project-based-learning, this meaning that students have direct contact with companies by solving real-problems.
Nova SBE has other Master Programs which can be seen in the University’ institutional webpage: https://www.novasbe.unl.pt/en/programs/masters
- Masters in Business analytics
- Masters in Finance
- Masters in Impact Entrepreneurship & innovation
- Masters in Management
- International Master's in Finance (IMF)
- International Master's in Management (IMM)
- CEMS MIM
Research at Nova SBE focuses on three primary disciplinary areas – Economics, Finance, and Management – across Nova SBE Knowledge Centers (KCs), and several Nova SBE Labs. Nova SBE offers two PhD programs to pursue an academic and research career: the PhD in Economics and Finance, and the PhD in Management. Our programs follows international best practices and aims at taking students to the frontier of knowledge in their field.
Life at Nova
Located right next to the beach and yet close to the metropolis, where life is happening all the time. There are never-ending options to choose from: Art, Sports, and lots of leisure activities in a country with 3000 hours of sunshine per year.
Benefit from a vibrant life on campus.
- 35 Students Clubs that foster networking and create experiences that go way beyond the walls of the classrooms.
- Careers @ Nova SBE Team help students throughout the process of acquiring market knowledge, align professional goals and help them to be prepared for the job market.
- Student development and well-being Team fully dedicated to promote a healthy and engaging student experience where students can thrive.
With so many options, it’s easy for you to find the perfect fit at Nova SBE!
The Nova SBE Admissions team promotes Nova SBE's pre-experience programs and clarifies inquiries from both national and international applicants.
Telephone: (+351) 213 822 773
Telephone: (+351) 213 801 699
Telephone: (+351) 213 822 712