PhD positions in Management at Nova School of Business and Economics
Ph.D. in Management
Regular fees: 3000 EUR
International Fees : 3000 EUR
No distinction between national and international student fees.
FCT Fellowship Available
Doctoral Academic Services
The Nova School of Business and Economics in Carcavelos, Portugal invites applications for full-time PhD positions in Management. Applications deadline is January 31st, 2022.
The program is a 4-year, full-time structured program providing advanced training in the fields of: Innovation and Entrepreneurship, Marketing, Operations Management, Social Enterprise, Strategy and International Business or Organizational Studies. The curriculum is designed to equip students with the tools to pursue the most challenging careers. While disciplined and rigorous in training, the program is also flexible, for students to pursue their unique research interests
Students are usually affiliated to one of our eight Knowledge Centers. They join its community and its activities. They participate to the research seminars and can interact with top researchers.
The PhD Programs at Nova School of Business and Economics are funded by FCT Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia (PhD in Economics and Finance and PhD in Management have the support of projects UIDB/00124/2020, UIDP/00124/2020 and Social Sciences DataLab, PINFRA/22209/2016 ; the PhD in Economics and Finance is also funded by FCT PhD Programs PD- 527-2012). Excellent candidates may be selected for a Ph.D. fellowship which grant a living stipend of € 1.164 and covers € 2750 tuition fees.
Applicants should hold a Master’s. Your degree can be in any field (e.g., the sciences, arts, and humanities), but if you do not have previous coursework in business studies, your supervisor may require additional coursework (at Nova SBE or elsewhere). If you don’t have a Master’s Degree but expect to obtain within the year, your application can also be considered. Applicants should have a good level of competence in English.
How to apply
Candidates can apply online between December 1st, 2021 to January 31st, 2022.
Documents for general admission (see next point for document required for FCT fellowship)
All document should be submitted in English. Complete application includes:
- Letter of intent – including research areas and potential supervisor(s);
- Sample of research proposal (6000 words);
- Two recommendation letters, which should be sent directly by referees (as explained in the Online Application Instructions available at the application platform);
- Diplomas and transcript of records of undergraduate and graduate degrees with full list of courses and grades (also accepted in Portuguese language);
- Certificate of results for the GRE (Graduate Records of Examination) or GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test). Results should not be older than three years;
- Elements of ID card information.
Document required for FCT fellowship (in addition to documents for general admission)
- Recognition of your foreign degrees in Portugal. This document is issued by the DGES, please see the DGES website for more information.
- If you have already these document(s), please submit it during application.
- If you cannot receive the recognition by the indicated deadline, please inform us at email@example.com, including the request confirmation. We will consider each case individually.
- English language certificate. Test results should not be older than three years;
- Other research sample.
Please check our website to see detailed information on the documentation and to get the application link.
- Program overview: https://www2.novasbe.unl.pt/en/programs/phds/phd-in-management/program
- Research areas and faculty: https://www2.novasbe.unl.pt/en/programs/phds/phd-in-management/research-areas
Ph.D. in Management
Rua da Holanda, 1
Carcavelos , Portugal