As a team member in the Finance and Internal Audit department at Nationwide, the opportunities are endless! You can grow and learn in diverse areas across many disciplines such as Advanced Analytics, Investments, Actuarial, Accounting, Risk Management, Critical Business Advisor and so much more. Let Nationwide help create your career journey!
As a Nationwide Economics intern, you’ll get a chance to experience our culture and see firsthand why we’re More Than a Business. We participate in a multi-faceted intern program that’s designed to help undergraduates develop a strong career foundation.
Throughout your internship time at Nationwide, you’ll contribute to key business assignments that impact our mission and vision, all while developing and enhancing your understanding of economics and investment-related concepts.
Position description/key duties:
Nationwide Economics provides relevant economic and financial market news and analysis that fuel business decisions in collaboration with groups across the company. We are seeking an intern that will support our economists through research and analysis, with the opportunity to work together with our associates and fellow interns in a collaborative, team-based environment.
Our intern will contribute to core Economics projects and efforts, while gaining a comprehensive understanding of how Economics partners with key business groups across the Enterprise. The intern will also gain an in-depth exposure to key economic data and forecasting work done by Nationwide Economics.
- Macroeconomic Research: Diving into key economic topics and concepts with a focus on business-driven impacts.
- Investment Research: Conduct market-based research on key U.S. and global macroeconomic trends that impact the investment environment.
- Statistical analysis and modeling: Contribute to ongoing and new statistical work for the Economics team.
May perform other responsibilities as assigned.
Ideal Candidate should have the following skills, strengths or interests:
- Intellectually curious
- Exceptional analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving capabilities
- Resourceful individual contributor who also enjoys working in a team environment both within and outside of Investments
- Demonstrable drive to solve problems
- Research oriented
- Steps up to new challenges
- Strong financial acumen and communication skills
- Excels at analyzing data and looking for patterns, including Microsoft Excel experience
- High energy, positive attitude, and team oriented
- Ability to work with individuals at all levels
- Driven, self-motivated, and initiative to succeed
- Coding and programming knowledge (e.g., Python or EViews skills) a plus
Reporting Relationships: Reports to Senior Economist or Economist.
Education: Candidates could be pursuing, but not limited to, degrees in the following academic fields: Finance, Economics, Accounting, Math/Statistics, Data Analytics.
Experience: May have other internship experience.
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills: Basic understanding of Microsoft Office products, programming languages, and data analytic tools. Basic level of business perspective and analysis, customer focus, and dealing with ambiguity. Proficient level of problem solving, learning on the fly, and making the best use of system capabilities.
Staffing exceptions to the above must be approved by the Chief Economist and Human Resources Consultant/Manager.
Nationwide pays on a geographic-specific salary structure and placement within the actual starting salary range for this position will be determined by a number of factors including the skills, education, training, credentials and experience of the candidate; the scope, complexity and location of the role as well as the cost of labor in the market; and other conditions of employment.
The national hourly pay range for Nationwide Internships is: $21 - $35