Share this Job
Location: Ogden, UT
Bechtel is on the Northrop Grumman Corp. team preparing to deliver the U.S. Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) system of inter-continental ballistic missiles and launch infrastructure. GBSD is a vital U.S. Air Force program designed to modernize the nation’s aging force of inter-continental ballistic missiles, which make up the ground element of the nuclear deterrent. As part of the Northrop Grumman GBSD nationwide team, Bechtel will provide launch system design, construction, and integration.
A major contractor for the United States and allied governments, Bechtel has handled such efforts as chemical weapons demilitarization projects, missile-defense, infrastructure, base operations, procurement and project management, and restoration and recovery spanning half a century. We use our expertise to help our customers securely and effectively transform mission delivery.
This position works independently to provide administrative support of a responsible and confidential nature to help ensure the smooth functioning of a department. Duties require accuracy, judgment, a high degree of initiative, discretion, diplomacy, and knowledge of protocol. Anticipates changing priorities and pro-actively works to resolve issues. Handles matters of a highly sensitive and confidential nature. This position is currently located at the Construction site.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Works independently to provide a wide variety of administrative services of a responsible and confidential nature, including but not limited to, word processing, document coordination, research, analysis, coordinate with other departments and disciplines.
- Keep abreast of key issues, commitments, and priorities of the manager(s). Research information and compile summary reports. Extract data from reference material, whether semi-technical or non-technical in scope. Compile, analyze and prepare or help prepare information for presentations, studies, or reports.
- Maintain file of important matters for the manager’s attention.
- Responsible for monitoring all follow-up actions as required by management.
- Coordinate complex travel arrangements and travel itineraries. Prepare detailed expense reports utilizing Concur or other expense software.
- Coordinate and organize meetings, conference calls, and video conferences; arrange for conference rooms, and equipment as needed. Prepare, collect, review, and distribute meeting agendas, information packets, and taking of meeting minutes. May operate a variety of audiovisual equipment.
- Review deliverables and monitor quality to ensure that all documents conform to established standards and procedures. Documents must be formatted for an executive-level audience.
- Screen phone calls and visitors. Independently complete requests as needed, refer appropriate requests to other staff members, forward appropriate requests to management.
- Create and maintain logs and track documentation. Set-up and/or maintain electronic and hard copy files.
- With an understanding of the goals and priorities and the manager’s commitments, compose and distribute complex correspondence using provided software applications.
- Independently anticipate problems / changing priorities and alert the manager as appropriate.
- Independently schedule and reschedule appointments on the basis of the manager’s commitments and priorities.
- Determine action on important or emergency matters or know whom to contact in absence of manager(s).
- Accurately maintain employee data for your department, tracking and providing reminders to employees as needed. This data may include badging, training, and HR and OAS required data entry.
- Maintain assigned timekeeping records. Examines a variety of recording and reporting timekeeping documents and summaries to verify accuracy and conformance with requirements. Reconciles reports and financial data and identifies apparent inconsistencies and errors. Prepares and/or reviews routine summary reports and/or statements.
- Use of logical judgment and initiative in relation to assigned tasks.
- May handle highly sensitive, business proprietary information.
- Must be able to work effectively in an extremely high-paced, high-energy environment.
- Must be flexible and willing to adjust to changing priorities.
- Ensure administrative coverage during absences.
- Operate standard office equipment, including automation tools.
- Keep abreast of advances in relevant office automation technology, equipment, and software applications.
- Strives to support Bechtel’s “zero-accident” philosophy through personal safe behavior/work practices and by being aware of surroundings and activities that may be potential safety hazards. Takes steps to correct or minimize hazards.
- Has the ability to work additional hours, as needed.
- Perform other O&AS tasks as assigned by management.
- Must be a US citizen.
- Must be able to complete and pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check which includes verification of employment and education.
- Must be able to obtain a site security badge for access to the work site.
- Must be able to demonstrate intermediate to advanced proficiency in the Microsoft 2010 suite of products (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint). A skills assessment will be administered to test proficiency.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills including spelling, grammar, punctuation and proper use of syntax. A skills assessment will be administered to test proficiency.
- Demonstrated knowledge of administrative functions.
- Must be able to demonstrate professionalism and be able to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Must be willing and able to work overtime with little or no notice.
- Ability to be pro-active, use individual initiative, follow assignments through to completion, and adhere to deadlines.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and easily adjust to shifting priorities.
- Effective communication, teamwork, and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and exercise a high degree of individual discretion, diplomacy, and judgment.
- Knowledge of technical vocabularies and terminology common to the Engineering, Procurement, and construction environment.
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Proven administrative capability including the ability to multi-task while maintaining attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must be able to operate effectively in an extremely fast-paced, high energy environment.
- Must be flexible and willing to shift gears and take on unexpected and/or unanticipated projects as needed.
- Must demonstrate a positive attitude and work effectively with all levels of internal and external customers.
- Must be able to effectively respond to changing priorities.
- Ability to extract, compile, and assemble data for the preparation of reports/presentations.
- Ability to produce meeting minutes and coordinate executive-level meetings.
- Current experience and knowledge of project processes and procedures.
- Knowledge of Bechtel’s organizational structure, functions, and procedures.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.