Assistant professor / lecturer
The Department of Economics at the University of Innsbruck has an opening at the rank of Assistant Professor, tenure-track, to begin fall 2020 or after mutual agreement.
The hired Assistant Professor will be part of the established research group in applied econometrics. The department offers a dynamic environment, actively promotes research and allocates resources based on international peer-reviewed research publications.
- From fall 2020
- For 6 years, a qualification agreement (tenure track) will be offered
- Department of Economics
Extent of employment:
- 40 hours per week
- Independent research in the field of applied econometrics
- Teaching and mentoring of students
- Contributions to the university self-administration are expected
- Completed PhD/doctoral degree in economics or a related discipline; Expertise in applied econometrics and academic achievements beyond the dissertation/PhD thesis in this field.
- Excellent knowledge of microeconometric methods and their applications in labor or regional economics.
- Independent high quality teaching experience; ability to teach in English and German (no later than 5 years after start of employment). Basic knowledge of German (B2-level or the willingness to acquire this level in due course).
- Post-doc or other related employment history (for at least several months) after the PhD. Experience in third party funding. Academic mobility (during/after PhD) and embedding in an international academic network.
- Social competence, in particular teamwork abilities; co-operation and communication skills to facilitate an interdisciplinary dialogue between science and society.
- Your application should include a cover letter, your CV (including lists of publications and other papers, presentations, acquired third-party funding, other scientific achievements, and classes you taught so far), a job market paper as a PDF file, up to four other papers may be included as PDF files (if available), a list of three references (with email addresses), a teaching concept, and a research concept for the first years on the job.
The vacant post offers a continuous scientific career up to an associate professor. A key component of this tenure track model is the so called “Qualifizierungsvereinbarung” (qualification agreement). This agreement will be offered at the latest one year after being employed.
More information: https://www.uibk.ac.at/forschung/qualifizierungsvereinbarung/index.html.en
An initial salary of € 3.890 p.m.* shall be offered for this position. In the following, the conclusion of the qualification agreement will entitle to an increased salary of € 4.599,60 p.m. * and the fulfilment of the agreed qualification objectives will entitle to an increased salary of € 4.987,20 p.m. *. All mentioned salaries are monthly gross salaries, paid 14 times p.a. Furthermore, the university has numerous attractive offers (https://www.uibk.ac.at/universitaet/zusatzleistungen/index.html.en).
*as of 2020
We are looking forward to receiving your online application by December 9th, 2020.
The University of Innsbruck strives to increase the percentage of women and thus expressly encourages women to apply. This is particularly true for leading positions and scientific job offers. In case of underrepresentation women with the same qualifications will be given priority.
Please submit your application at:
The full, legally binding call for application (in German) including the salary can be found here: https://lfuonline.uibk.ac.at/public/karriereportal.details?asg_id_in=11611