Stimulating. Motivating. Challenging.
The Kudelski Group is: a world leader in digital security. Its technologies are used in a wide range of services and applications requiring access control and rights management to secure the revenues of content owners and service providers for digital television. The Group also offers cyber security solutions and services focused on helping companies assess risks and vulnerabilities and protect their data and systems. And finally it is a technology leader in the area of access control and management of people or vehicles to sites and events.
To support the company in managing a wide variety of legal matters as part of a global legal department. This position will primarily support the US legal operations for Kudelski Security and SKIDATA USA. Significant focus on commercial transactions involving sales of products and services and transactions with suppliers, distributors and other partners. Other job responsibilities depending upon experience level and interest.Location: Phoenix, Arizona
The successful candidate will have a unique opportunity to work on the wide variety of legal matters addressed in an in-house legal department of a multi-national company. Specific duties will include:
- Support the US legal operations for Kudelski Security (cybersecurity services and solutions) and SKIDATA (physical access control systems), with a significant focus on drafting and negotiating commercial contracts for the sale and supply of products and services with a variety of customers, suppliers and other partners;
- Strong desire to learn the go-to market strategy, business models and operations in order to be an effective business partner;
- Assist with the development, implementation and enforcement of appropriate legal processes and policies for the supported business units;
- Serve as an advocate for the Legal Department, while developing an effective partnership with Sales, regional management and other stakeholders in support of customer engagements and business objectives;
- Provide support to product and/or service lines of business and supporting functions (Operations, Finance, HR, etc.,) for legal issues and risk management;
- Additional responsibilities to be developed over time based on experience, needs and interests, including regulatory compliance and business processes;
- Coordinate with other members of the Legal Department with respect to tools, processes, and information; and
- Maintain a high level of knowledge and expertise about relevant legal topics and provide subject matter training within the Legal Department and across supported business units.
Requirements / Profile
The successful candidate will have the experience and confidence necessary to work effectively with a global team of Legal professionals, as well as to build constructive relationships across a multi-national organization and with the company’s key customers, partners, outside counsel and other stakeholders.
- Law degree from a top-tier law school with a minimum of 4-6 years of proven legal experience, preferably in both law firm and multinational corporate in-house environments. Licensed to practice law in Arizona.
- Strong command of legal issues involved in commercial sales transactions, including in the area of intellectual property rights.
- Comfortable advising internal stakeholders on a wide variety of legal topics and jurisdictions, with the ability to identify issues quickly, render pragmatic and effective legal advice and lead the team to successful outcomes.
- Multi-dimensional thinker who considers issues not only from the legal perspective but also from a business point of view – with the curiosity to investigate and understand issues even if they are outside the legal field.
- Self-starter who can work effectively both on an independent basis and as part of a small, multi-cultural team, with the ability to communicate clearly and the desire to take responsibility.
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to professionalism, being accountable for the quality and timeliness of his or her work.
- Moderate travel required, less than 20%.
- Languages: Fluent English. Other language skills desirable.