Junior industry position
Give hope. Give health. Make your mark in the fight against cancer.
At Accuray, we make a direct and powerful impact on the lives of cancer patients every day — helping them live longer, better lives. But our commitment to innovation offers a truly unique opportunity: the chance to change the fight against cancer — helping to develop, introduce and support new treatment delivery systems and software that will give new hope and new health to cancer patients and cancer survivors around the world.
OUR VISION AND MISSION is to work passionately to create a future without the fear, pain or human suffering of cancer. We pursue this by developing precise, innovative tumor treatment solutions that empower clinicians and help cancer patients live longer, better lives.
Accuray develops, manufactures and sells radiotherapy systems that make cancer treatments shorter, safer, personalized and more effective, ultimately enabling patients to live longer, better lives. Our radiation treatment delivery systems in combination with fully-integrated software solutions set the industry standard for precision and cover the full range of radiation therapy and radiosurgery procedures.
Reporting to the Chief Privacy Officer this position will serve as operations manager for the Global Data Protection Office. This role will provide project management and coordination to cross-functional global teams, to drive continual operational improvement and alignment to changing regulations. They will serve as an organizational resource for information and guidance on privacy and the protection of personal data. This role will be process-oriented and coordinate and maintain the day-to-day operations of Accuray’s privacy program. This includes the Administration of the OneTrust digital privacy compliance platform for the maintenance of personal data inventory, data flows, data privacy impact assessments, records of processing activity, personal data event logs, vendor management module, upstream and downstream data processing agreement terms records, etc.. Critical for the role will be an ability to innovate means that enable impacted processes to maintain compliance. They will leverage constructive and effective relationships with a wide range of staff, including senior management.
The Privacy & Data Protection Office is part of the Global Regulatory, Quality and Compliance function with a strong Legal function partnership, as well as with Global Information Services. Specifically, the privacy team is responsible for:
· Setting policies based on applicable laws and regulations relating to personal data.
· Legal expertise and counsel on Accuray’s compliance with global privacy regulations.
· Provides support on data privacy contractual terms, including privacy questionnaires.
· Training and tools to support the business in carrying out their responsibilities such as data privacy impact assessments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Privacy Office Project Management:
· Keeps privacy projects on-track and delivers them on time and within budget.
· Monitors and escalates project risks and issues to the Privacy office as directed.
· Supports the planning, preparation, and delivery of privacy meetings and conferences.
· Schedules and coordinates internal and external meetings with key stakeholders.
· Assists with the assignment and management of resources across the Privacy Office.
· Create and maintain checklists and templates to enable organization functions to maintain accurate records that demonstrate compliance with applicable regulations and policies including privacy impact assessments.
Privacy Office Initiatives and Goals:
· Ensures alignment of Privacy Office projects with the strategic goals and objectives of the Privacy Management Program.
· Works with the Chief Privacy Officer to align activities across Privacy Office functions.
· Assists the Global Privacy Office with planning, managing and reporting privacy projects and initiatives by preparing and maintaining detailed project plans and other project documentation, such as Action Logs using appropriate program management tools.
· Establishes processes and ongoing management of business inquiries, operational assistance, and compliance.
· Coordinates team schedule, meetings, travel and other tasks as needed.
· Provides the CPO with updates and reporting as requested with respect to the Privacy office. These could include budget, project status, and personal data inventories.
· Education and work experience, preferably in Information Management, Industrial or Systems Engineering, Privacy Law.
· Certified Information Privacy Manager (CIPM), or willing to pursue training and qualification
· Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP), or willing to pursue training and qualification
· 2-3 years of experience in project management, compliance, legal, audit or related areas. Privacy and information security experience is a plus.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Must be process-oriented, organized and have project management experience.
· Experience with privacy and/or compliance projects useful, but not essential.
· Able to communicate and work well across all lines of business with all levels including Sr. Management.
· Organized and detail-oriented.
· Must work well as an individual contributor and be a team player.
· Ability to manage multiple programs simultaneously, with a strong ability to prioritize multiple tasks and respond to emergencies, organize and schedule work effectively.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills to communicate with all levels of management.
· Experience with project management reporting tools a plus.
· Excellent MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel skills required.